Wimbo

1967spud

does this now make him scotish or british

He called himself British in his on court interview.

Amazing journey he's had. As Becker said later, it's the stuff for a film script.

(Noticed that kn0bber Salmond waving a Scottish flag though - only a total tool could seek to make a political statement at that time and place.)

He called himself British in his on court interview.

Amazing journey he's had. As Becker said later, it's the stuff for a film script.

(Noticed that kn0bber Salmond waving a Scottish flag though - only a total tool could seek to make a political statement at that time and place.)

Yes, his PR is slowly improving-though not a patch on Djokovic's generous remarks.Murray is savvy enough to know that at Wimbledon,leave the nationalism-a concept England have kept in under some control since 1966-to one side.Or let the professionals like Salmond do it-he may well be ambitious,but he may well actually have some scottish pride too.I would imagine Murray banks in Monte Carlo/similar anyhow,rather than RBS!

There would be an awful lot of very similar films-Boris might be one of them,among hundreds of top sportsmen and women.Is there

anything unusual,or indeed interesting,in Andy's history? Great achievenment of course.

I was born in Scotland and play tennis,and the last two games in the final were top class.I wish though I'd stayed on the shooting range instead of watching the rest.Mint it was not.

Gbal(boy):-)

There would be an awful lot of very similar films-Boris might be one of them,among hundreds of top sportsmen and women.Is there

anything unusual,or indeed interesting,in Andy's history? Great achievenment of course.

:blink: I'd say being a survivor of the Dunblane atrocity marks him out from the norm just a little. :wacko:

He's also from a 'normal' background as opposed to the Surrey (or Duesseldorf) G&T set.

Agree on Djokovic's comments. Superb. True sportsman.

All Nationalistic comments aside, i felt he really dug in, worked hard and was the better player on the day, considering on paper it was quite a one-sided affair it was a good game to watch.

Well done Murry, I also smiled when he forgot to hug his mum!

Ps. I also understand that Murry donated all of his winnings to cancer research, seems a top boy if you ask me!

good for him i did'nt know that,he's not a complete tool then

Archived