6mm br

Dac9976

Hi all

I'm after a bit of advice on loading for a 6mm br.

I've got Vit n150, lapua brass,75 and 87gr V-max heads.

The rifle has a 20" barrel with 1:8 twist.

It's going to be used for a bit of long range foxing so was wandering which bullets to use, 75 or the 87 v-max.

Any advice and experiences will be very much appreciated:)

Cheers

Dac.

Hi all

I'm after a bit of advice on loading for a 6mm br.

I've got Vit n150, lapua brass,75 and 87gr V-max heads.

The rifle has a 20" barrel with 1:8 twist.

It's going to be used for a bit of long range foxing so was wandering which bullets to use, 75 or the 87 v-max.

Any advice and experiences will be very much appreciated:)

Cheers

Dac.

I've found Vit N140 a good powder for 87 vmax and 105 amax in my 1/8 twist. What do you consider long range ?

Just checked my powder.... It's n 135:)

Anything over 300yrds.

Any ideas on where to get the load data for these bullets as they are not in the 9th edition.

P.s. I'm new to reloading!

Cheers.

Just checked my powder.... It's n 135:)

Anything over 300yrds.

Any ideas on where to get the load data for these bullets as they are not in the 9th edition.

P.s. I'm new to reloading!

Cheers.

135 is ideal for the 87vmax its 1 of my dads loads that i do for him in his br

Thanks for your help so far chaps:)

I'm wondering why the Hornady 9th edition doesn't include any data above 75gr???

Any ideas why?

Cheers Dac.

32gr N-135 behind a 75gr v-max in my 12 twist does 3,280fps, and funnily enough shoots 87gr v-max with the same load as GAZ6BR but slightly faster at 3,150fps....Also think n-135 would be better in your 20" barrel.

regards

Sorry to high jack thread - Has anybody tried N135 with 105 Amax ( or similar weight bullets )

Thanks

S

N140- N150 some use for 105amax I use varget myself not changed because it works so well at range :)

Sorry to high jack thread - Has anybody tried N135 with 105 Amax ( or similar weight bullets )

Thanks

S

No,,,,but will have a go,,,,, sometimes,,,I have used faster powders than normally associated with certain weight heads in quite a few calibres and have had stunning results especially in the lighter head territory,,,,ie I have used 130 in 6ppc and 223 and,,,,,,, 6br,,,,light weight heads!!,,,,yeah may have a go with 135 with the heavies in 6br and see what happens,,,trouble is my barrels are quite long and would probably see better results from a short barrel with this powder.

Its my suspicion that factory loads generally use quite a fast powder per given head but my head tells me if you have a short barrel then a faster powder is best regardless of head weight but a longer barrel needs a bit more consideration,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Has the hijacking finished yet? I have question to be answered :)

??? Cant answer your question re Hornady book? Vit 135 ,,75 vmax 31,5 gives 3300 in my 25inch kreiger and have not used 87g vmax but I would suggest starting at 29.5 based on 30.5 with 80 Bergers in my rifle were well safe.Best bullet for longer range would definately be the 87g Vmax of course.My 12T 6br I choose to shoot lighter weight 75,s if I,m going long I have a 27" barrelled rifle and would use 105,s.I know "6mmBR" on this forum has some loads in "favourite loads" section and he likes the 87,s so suggest having a look at that.

Again ,,,study the 6BR website,,,"accurate shooter" etc wealth of info in there,,,,,,,,,

Thanks for your help so far chaps:)

I'm wondering why the Hornady 9th edition doesn't include any data above 75gr???

Any ideas why?

Cheers Dac.

because they didnt test them!

you will find the answers on here.

Archived