6BR repeater

Just had my FAC returned with a slot for a 6BR for deer, fox and anything else legal

Not really sure what I'm looking for. I have a couple of spare stocks inletted for a Rem SA (choate U/S with a 5 shot DM and a McMillan A3?? with an AI drop mag) or maybe start from scratch. I have a second hand 6mm barrel in the back of the safe that came from Elwood via Dasherman ages ago and never got used, that might be of use

I'd like it to be a repeater, preferably threaded for a brake or mod.

Any suggestions for what to buy or use as a donor rifle/action?

Financially I'm a bit skint due to an ongoing house purchase and move but there might be a few pennies down the back of the sofa if there is a bargain to be had (and the missus doesnt find out ;-) )

Mark

I can recommend a pretty tidy gun plumber for a 6mmbr build. My rifle has the border archer barrel that shoots a charm at a great price.

Pop one on a remmy action in your A3 stock. Beautifull. I have heard that a sako extractor is an advantage in a 6mmbr repeator.

Might have a Lawton bolt with sako extractor and .473 bolt face for sale.....

Just had my FAC returned with a slot for a 6BR for deer, fox and anything else legal

Not really sure what I'm looking for. I have a couple of spare stocks inletted for a Rem SA (choate U/S with a 5 shot DM and a McMillan A3?? with an AI drop mag) or maybe start from scratch. I have a second hand 6mm barrel in the back of the safe that came from Elwood via Dasherman ages ago and never got used, that might be of use

I'd like it to be a repeater, preferably threaded for a brake or mod.

Any suggestions for what to buy or use as a donor rifle/action?

Financially I'm a bit skint due to an ongoing house purchase and move but there might be a few pennies down the back of the sofa if there is a bargain to be had (and the missus doesnt find out ;-) )

if it were me id try to get a tikka action or a cheap complete tikka . iv used them but never owned one i reloaded for friend and amazed how accurate they were . plus Ronny ( who has one swears by them but dont think he is a member anymore , not sure why he left ?) he,s pulled off some amazing shooting out to nearly 500ish i think .

ill be very interested in your 6BR as that's my next move , hopefully a THOR from baldie prob 28" 1:8 twist good luck with it ...

Mark

should make the grade with a longer barrel. whether you would consider it good enough for bigger deer is a different matter. i have a 6 mm slot on ticket and will more then likely go the br route. but we only have munty and roe round this neck of the woods.

so more then upto the job for those deer.

Archived