What Next - must be lairy!

243ack

OK folks. Just acquired a lefty 243 Remmy and fancy having something stupid built to go with my 22-250, 6.5x284, 7mmWSM etc.

So, must fit SA Remmy, preferably near to .243 bolt face and stupidly fast and accurate!. Barel life and other negatives do not apply!. (Except someone must have the reamer - or be available from US without too long a wait).

Am thinking 20 or 22 cal, but lets see what you can come up with!.

as a lefty you really shouldnt be allowed a firearm. i would go 22-47 -6.5x47 necked down bags of speed no recoil to worry about should do you - just buy 3 barrels though!

Like it folks!!

Keep 'em coming!.

Short barrel preferred. Can't be doing with those 26" flagpoles. Want to shoot foxes, not poke 'em up the 'arris.

20x47 lapua shooting 55grainers!! I'm getting just over 4000fps or drop down to 50 grains and go even faster!! I've had a few fast cals and its the most fun I've had. it's very fast, holds the wind well, accurate over distance ( used in 1000yard comps in usa) and crucifies foxes and varmints! I wouldn't be without one. Although I would like to try a 22-284 shooting 75g amax!

A major stumbling block in your last post.

All these exotics need long barrels to attain their performance. In a shorter barrelled gun you need to be looking at the Br variants.

A major stumbling block in your last post.

All these exotics need long barrels to attain their performance. In a shorter barrelled gun you need to be looking at the Br variants.

I concur.

25-3000

Would this be deer legal too with the right bullet? Dies and everything are there. I'm assuming you can just run an expander or two through .22-250 lapua?

.220 Swift? With a fast twist (7" or 8") it would make a pretty good long range cartridge.

Archived