Tikka M595 mag solutions

Are there any, I know the T3 bottom metal conversion is a none starter due to the action needing machining (and reproofing so I'm told) to allow it to work, so is the only option available the standard 3 and 5 round mags, which are becoming harder to find, especially the .243/.308 ones that would allow longer COL in shorter cases.

Its a shame such a good action is let down by the mag system

I agree a 10 round mag would be awesome but I'd make do with another 5 rounder cost is always high tho and I know all the comments re manf of small numbers but ..... how come (when I bought mine) a spare mag cost was close to 20% of the rifle cost. As they were making and supplying the rifle with a single mag it doesn't seem beyond the wit of man to make more and sell them at a reasonable price.

The thing is, as we know, we talk about this mag conversion on here etc etc, but in reality, the market for such a conversion on an action that has been out of production for a few years is financial suicide. Contrary to what people think, making a magazine from scratch and getting springs etc is no small feat at all. It has to be worth it. The 595/695 simply isn,t.

The T3 floorplate can be utilised but the action needs substantial remachining and of course, a reproof.

Is the 595 / 695 mag like the m55 / m65 mag ,what are the dimensions of the mag ? I can't find a mag for my m65 of any capacity and have examined the possibility of modifying others to fit .The AICS mag isn't so far away and I don't want to mod the floorplate or action at all .

I have a couple of M65 magazines alongside an AICS sitting on the desk right now and there is a significant difference, the double stack AICS being nearly 8,0mm wider The original single stack AE is a lot closer at only 0,7mm wider and virtually the same length front to back however you would need machine the AI rear catch off and add two new slots to pick up the original Tikka catches as well as opening the bottom metal that little bit and even then I am not sure the receiver would accept the slightly wider magazine.

Are there any, I know the T3 bottom metal conversion is a none starter due to the action needing machining (and reproofing so I'm told) to allow it to work, so is the only option available the standard 3 and 5 round mags, which are becoming harder to find, especially the .243/.308 ones that would allow longer COL in shorter cases.

Its a shame such a good action is let down by the mag system

I got a 5 shot from GMK a few weeks back.... £80!!!!!!

I got a 5 shot from GMK a few weeks back.... £80!!!!!!

I suspect it might be cheaper purchased abroad and sent into the UK, proved that way before on similar for me. The sharks in the UK gun trade are not the dealers

I suspect it might be cheaper purchased abroad and sent into the UK, proved that way before on similar for me. The sharks in the UK gun trade are not the dealers

tried it. alot of them wont send mags here though :unsure:

Thanks for the link, but I'm wondering if its a simple fit. One of the posts asks for a picture of how much metal has to be removed from the front of the action for it to fit, so depending on the reply CDI send me, we might be back to square one

tried it. alot of them wont send mags here though :unsure:

Others have no qualms, when you take into account Parcelforce fees and tax and carriage it speaks volumes.

Edited to improve the language used

Just heard back from them, very helpful I will add, but the front of the action has to be milled to accept the feed lips of the mag. back to standard mags :(

Archived