FAC application help

I would push for 1200 hold on the 22lr buy 1000 as you can get deals on blocks of 1000 usually

as for 243 it would depend what disciplin your following with it, stalking and vermin buy 150 will suffice but if your doing target work regulary then you will be constantly heading to your RFD

try and get hold 500 buy 400 and see what your FLO has to say in interview

better to ask for more and get knocked back a little IMO

good luck

Ian

I think as already said depends on what your shooting but if not much target I would be asking for

22lr hold 650. Purchase 500

.243 hold 240. Purchase 200

150 to purchase on the. 243 is a bit of a waste of time really if you homeload as you will still only be able to buy 100 bullets ( one box ) at anyone time if you put down 200 then you can pick up a couple of different bullet types at the same time

Rob

Are you applying for non expanding and expanding?

I always have had a large amount for target use non expanding

And a smaller amount for stalking expanding this keeps the FEO happy

But good advice above talk about it on your home visit with the FEO they are there to help and are generally a good bunch.

I would push for 1200 hold on the 22lr buy 1000 as you can get deals on blocks of 1000 usually

as for 243 it would depend what disciplin your following with it, stalking and vermin buy 150 will suffice but if your doing target work regulary then you will be constantly heading to your RFD

try and get hold 500 buy 400 and see what your FLO has to say in interview

better to ask for more and get knocked back a little IMO

good luck

Ian

Big agreement with this.

Mine is 22: 1200 to hold, 1000 to buy. Centrefire 600 to hold, 500 to buy.

Any less than that and you'll be back and forth to the shops buying ammo all the time; a major self-inflicted hassle..

Lancs like you to have 500 buy 600 hold for 22lr

200 buy 300 hold for 243

I have 500 buy 600 hold because I reload for 243 and they were happy when I explained I used more than one weight of bullet and needed to buy at least 200 out of a lot to reduce load testing.

They will up the 22 if I show a need ie; buying a lot a month they will put it up. I was told that cost was not good reason to purchase 1000 at a time, however living remotely was when I was farming.

Archived