Mossberg 817 .17HMR

Yeah, my mate had one.

The bolt wore through after about 600 rds.

It had the worst trigger I've ever tried, and I've tried some bad triggers in my time, it wasn't accurate, and when he px'd it for a 10/22, the dealer sent it to auction, it made £25!!

Personally, I wouldn't have paid that, and didn't bid on it.

Biggest pile of cr a p ever.

Regards

Pete

Yeah, my mate had one.

It had the worst trigger I've ever tried, and I've tried some bad triggers in my time, it wasn't accurate, and when he px'd it for a 10/22, the dealer sent it to auction, it made £25!!

Regards

Pete

Sounds like one to cross off the list then

Yeah, my mate had one.

Regards

Pete

Love the review, we should get more of these in the comics :lol:

Shot a Mossberg once, in NZ. I thought it was on safe when I was squeezing the trigger, only to be told that it had been 'lightened'...the crappiest stock, action and feel I've ever experienced in a gun...vowed never to touch one ever again! Steer clear!!

Finman

I'd stick with the knows and run a mile from the 'unknowns'...a CZ varmint in .17HMR is both affordable, reliable and accurate, let alone well represented in case anything goes wrong... The brand you mention, I have never heard off and probably will not hear again...my 2p

Best wishes

Finman

Anybody used or have a Sterling Armament Company 1700 .17 HMR??

They are very cheap,look it and shoot accordingly-at least on the three targets I saw -just googled the rifle name and looked at the few listings-on this evidence,I would not want one,at any price.

Gbal

Cz (brno) seem to be very popular in both .22lr and .17HMR

With second hand .22s coming in from £130-200 and second hand .17hmr's about £230 upwards

I know the .22's r pretty. Much bulletproof and will take hundreds of rounds and be okay

What's to watch out for on the .17hmr ie are they prone to anything??

i have had a few over the years both 22 and 17 and never had a problem with either,they can be a bit clunky when new but they soon wear in.just sold mine to triggersqueezer and he's a very happy chap ,only sold as i dont rate the 17 hmr for fox so i got a 22 hornet ,and yes it's a cz

Cz 10 quid trigger kit for the money can't be beat does what it says on the tin ,pick um up second hand for nowt hell for what you get buy one new it's for nowt I have cz452 yodave trigger kit if I could only have one gun it would be my little 22lr cz synthetic had more fun with the little 22 than all my other guns put together

i have had a few over the years both 22 and 17 and never had a problem with either,they can be a bit clunky when new but they soon wear in.just sold mine to triggersqueezer and he's a very happy chap ,only sold as i dont rate the 17 hmr for fox so i got a 22 hornet ,and yes it's a cz

yes you did pork chop and i shot it next to an anschutz last night with the same box of ammo and it spanked it ;) there is no point spending anschutz money thinking it will be more accurate when ammo is the limit of accuracy.and you can pimp a cz.i allways had anschutz but right now i prefer my cz.

Archived