Is it always best to steer clear of cheap old rifles??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a cabinet with locking top and an electronic safe I tend to keep most ammo in the locking top and mags and a box or two in the safe.

As for the safety it does work but I have never relied on a safety but on safe gun handling. The only time the safety is dubious is if the trigger is pulled while its on. I never take the safety off unless pointing at my target or some other safe direction.

I have a cabinet with locking top and an electronic safe I tend to keep most ammo in the locking top and mags and a box or two in the safe.

As for the safety it does work but I have never relied on a safety but on safe gun handling. The only time the safety is dubious is if the trigger is pulled while its on. I never take the safety off unless pointing at my target or some other safe direction.

it indicates other problems, I am not that familiar with the 10/22 (never had need of one) to comment further but this happens when sears are only partly engaged like weak springs, wear or too much disengagement through bad adjustment ; its part of the std checks after adjustment. Get it looked at, having had a gun go off through a similar un noticed fault myself over 25 yrs ago the thought of this firearm in use makes me queezy to say the least- it can all go very bad very quickly

If you do go the BSA way, make sure it's in top working order coz spare parts won't be available and having a gunsmith fix stuff will quickly ruin the economics.

A cheap basic Anschutz or other makes like Krico would equally fit the bill.

Chris-NZ

If you do go the BSA way, make sure it's in top working order coz spare parts won't be available and having a gunsmith fix stuff will quickly ruin the economics.

A cheap basic Anschutz or other makes like Krico would equally fit the bill.

Chris-NZ

This is a very important point, if your going to use it (rather than keep it captive in a safe). consider that it will at some stage need a part changing. In the UK that narrows the field some, its not funny paying a days pay to a smith rather than shelling out for a £5 part

Archived