after a spotting scope?

I've tried to buy that once already, about 10 weeks ago. It was in my watch list. Same seller, same pictures. I was outbid at the last moment.

Its been up at least twice since then that I've noticed and has been marked as sold both times with the same winning bidder or appears to be - winning bidders name started and ended with the same letter and number... but still keeps reappearing!

I wonder if a friend or family is running it up for him or jumping in at the last moment if its not making what he'd like to get for it rather than paying for a reserve?????

I'm sure the scope is nice enough and decent nick and it would be delivered to the buyer but does appear to be being 'run-up' - not very fair.

ETA

I've just checked the bidding history - what do you know the current top bidder is the same person who has bought it twice already!! He must really like them! Feel like reporting the t**t not that it would do much good!

By the way the current 'winning bidders' user name who has bought it twice already shows as t**t coincidentally!!! No joke!

Worse thing ebay did was hiding the buyers username, I feel it actually encourages this sort of behaviour.

Makes you want to open a new account and put in stupid high bids to stop other people wasting their time. Ok, so you get negative feedback so what if the score is low.

Worse thing ebay did was hiding the buyers username, I feel it actually encourages this sort of behaviour.

Makes you want to open a new account and put in stupid high bids to stop other people wasting their time. Ok, so you get negative feedback so what if the score is low.

Makes sense!

Archived