.223 AI feeding chambering issue

Si-Snipe

Has anyone had issues getting 223 ai to chamber? It is not having any problem leaving the mag and lining up in the chamber but the back of the round hangs down and it jams up against the chamber entrance. I have tried single feeding from the top of the mag but it happens the same. The chamber entrance has had a radius put on. It may need more of a radius on and the smith is looking at it tomorrow. How much of a radius can be added without leaving the case unsupported?

I'd certainly not recommend radius-sing ANY of the edge of the rear chamber area. You will leave unsupported cartridge wall - which will lead to problems.

If its a magazine fed rifle, alter the feed lips or as a last resort alter the feed ramp angle of the receiver - this is do once solution...

You could also polish the feed ramp, which may help.

Once of the issues with AI cases is feed reliability - my own 22-250 wont mag feed smoothly.

hi si hope you get it sorted ! But just as you asked - yes i have the same problem . But i dont ever mag feed as the bullets are so far out of the case they risk getting knocked out of true ! So i hand feed every time ! but sometimes still have the exact problem ! you have to be careful not to close the bolt too hard ! Im sure the ramp needs material added as it would change the angle and mite chamber better , but honestly im not a smith or anything - Ronin seems to be very intuitive so i would take his advise ! ATB .. Tim..

oh and nearly forgot to ask what bullets are you using mainly out of interest? my are 75-Amax, col 2547 they only just go in the AI mag , but hand chamber anyways !!

hi si hope you get it sorted ! But just as you asked - yes i have the same problem . But i dont ever mag feed as the bullets are so far out of the case they risk getting knocked out of true ! So i hand feed every time ! but sometimes still have the exact problem ! you have to be careful not to close the bolt too hard ! Im sure the ramp needs material added as it would change the angle and mite chamber better , but honestly im not a smith or anything - Ronin seems to be very intuitive so i would take his advise ! ATB .. Tim..

oh and nearly forgot to ask what bullets are you using mainly out of interest? my are 75-Amax, col 2547 they only just go in the AI mag , but hand chamber anyways !!

I'm running 53g Vmax at very close to max mag length. 1.904" to ogive.

Archived