straight pull users how do you clean the barrel

maxxis35

I know the pull through method is the only option, just wondered what you use for the job, just in case I miss a trick. I have a bore snake and an otis pull through, do they get the bore clean do you think.

I know the pull through method is the only option, just wondered what you use for the job, just in case I miss a trick. I have a bore snake and an otis pull through, do they get the bore clean do you think.

AUG? The barrel just twists off - yes? Use a normal cleaning rod rather than a pull-through

How does the barrel twist off? Is it something to do with that curved slot on the left by the foregrip.

The original military gas gas op one does just twist off,the civilian man op as usually available in UK does not,and needs considerable modification to allow easy removal,allegedly,though it would be very convenient to be able to do so.If anyone knows how it's done I' m sure Aug users here would be interested.

Gbal

Gbal Low Mill ranges do the mod for £99 pounds, debating on getting it done, but unsure on the quality of work they do.[/quote

Thanks-I'd heard that figure bandied about.

Worth it for convenience of cleaning?

Would be if there were alternate barrel weights and twist available.

Assume it's likely to be a while before the barrel becomes embarrassingly shot out too!

Gbal

Gbal Low Mill ranges do the mod for £99 pounds, debating on getting it done, but unsure on the quality of work they do.

I've done a few (showed the boys at Low Mill how to do it too) but I'm not an advertiser on here, so can't tout for work ;)

It's not hard to do and doesn't take very long

You could do it yourself

I've done a few (showed the boys at Low Mill how to do it too) but I'm not an advertiser on here, so can't tout for work ;)

It's not hard to do and doesn't take very long

You could do it yourself

Hi Bradders

This QR facility found just to the rear LH side behind the vertical grip, can you elaborate on this job, have heard you can still take off the barrel without this mod, is this true.

Archived