Moderator for Sako TRG-22

I'm looking for some advice about a moderator for Sako TRG-22. I'm toying with getting one, mainly 'cos fellow shooters complain about the barking from the muzzle brake. I've yet to put my FAC in for the required variation so there's plenty of time.

What is the opinion of the best one to get in terms of value for money opposite performance? I don't want a cheapo but I also don't want to spend silly money.

I use an ASE SL 7 which I also use on my 300 win mag. Works fine on all of my 30 cal rifles but I think you could get away with a SL5. Jet z seems ok as well but is about the same size as the SL7. Depends on how long your barrel is but I find that they unbalance anything you want to carry around. There is always the Simon Lawrance option. A bit marmite really.

I recently got a North Star. It is a bit heavy but built like the proverbial boffy and does look the part on my TRG. The gun is a heavy brute so the weight of the mod is not that noticeable, it moderates well and does reduce the recoil movement considerably.

I plan to get a "onelesscharlie" mod at some point, I was very impressed with the mods he had at Stoneleigh earlier in the year and he will make anything you ask for. Def with a look.

Rup

Probably most RFD,s would happily supply one for you but would probably want to get it proofed for you as well ,,,,they may need your rifle to be sent off with the mod or use a donor 308 from their shop?

There are RFD,s I believe that interpret the "Proofing regs" differently and may sell you and unproofed mod???Not absolutely sure about that ,,,no doubt a learned RFD will come on and explain.

Jackson Rifles supply the trade with Ase mods.

Archived