WMS

mo3

ONLY DUE TO THE DAM WEATHER but the rest of the day was very good with class eqp that will shoot as good as any custom ring on the planet

ONLY DUE TO THE DAM WEATHER but the rest of the day was very good with class eqp that will shoot as good as any custom ring on the planet

should be rig not ring :lol::lol::lol:

Could you see the Target?

Hatzi's answer may have been short but got the point across!

Short answer again but NO the weather up there was crap from about 12 30pm wind mist rain all it did not do was shower us with #hit

Hi Guys,

Short answer as Chris pointed out was no.

But I hope some of the guys at least had some fun.

Firstly I need to thank several people:

Andrew, Helena and John who gave us use of their venue absolutely free, without them it would not have been possible.

Craig at Third Eye Tactical, for his raffle donations.

Brett of Expert Tactical for the donation of Frog Lube.

Adrian of Primetake for bringing some ammo for the guys to shoot.

Finally all the attendees (over 30) for their patience, good humour, toleration of the Welsh weather and for digging deep for the Help for Heroes bucket.

Specifically thanks for the attendee who after winning the auction for the shooting spot (which didn't happen) refused to take his cash back and left it in the bucket despite. Respect Sir!!!

We raised £900 for the charity and you should all be proud of that!!!!! Well done!!!!

For the shot itself we got as far as hits at 1400m (third shot, elevation was spot on but wind was the factor as usual) we then dressed back to 2000m when the weather closed in... it closed in not so we couldn't see the target, not so we couldn't see the backstop but closed in to where we couldn't see the damn mountain!!!!!!!

Lots of good things though...

I am sure there were several new friendships made,

A load of money raised to help out a great cause.

And hopefully a decent time had by most.

Thanks again all for attending, I will attempt this again!!!!

Ewen

Hi Ewen

I really enjoyed the day thank you for the invite much appreciated. Personnally I think the day was very well organised and all your team were very attentive and helpful my best regards and thanks to them. I agree about the weather (cannot control that) it was a great shame especially for the lads who were to attempt the 'BIG SHOT' after they had travelled from far and wide. But once again still had a brillant time and again as an 'SRS' owner the product speaks for itself.

thanks again and if you do attempt again would appreciate an invite

my very best regards

Chris

p.s. dont forget my *loody t-shirt

It was a bloody interesting exoeriment and when you get down to really thinking it all through and watching it happen it really makes you ponder the difficulty of the shot. The variables we normally encounter are multiplied exponentially and the trajectory is so high the bullet is up in the sky encountering god knows what winds. I will sort out a couple of photos in a minute and link them through dropbox. A lot was learned on the saturday that just couldnt be realised on the second as the visibility was hopeless. Saturday afternoon and evening were as good as it would get but splash at even short distances was so small its hard to imaging seeing it at longer rangees, especially given the trajectory of entry and the smaller energy levels carried. The yanks did this on flat earth and here it was shot down a long valley, intersected with three more on its way, down a 6 deegree incline and wind bumps must have been crazy as it closed in down the bottom end of the range. the damn thing isTRANSONIC for about 700 yards of its flight never mind going subsonic and the more you look at the data the more difficult it sounds. The yanks no doubt has fewer wind issues with higher altitude too.

A good weekend, i even got some colour in my face as it was glorious saturday afternoon and evening with the mirage coming and going as the clouds moved across the sky and created shadow thet over such a vast landscape was a pleasure to observe.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/25a9muunc8wo3n0/axS0DrJRxK

Archived