Ziess

Dac9976

I've recently bought a Zeiss diavari 6-24x56fl whilst I'm happy with the glass, I'm disappointed with the turrets. For a high end scope I would of expected decent metal turrets not the plastic ones provided, plus you have to pay extra for the windage turret. I know the older models came with both and in metal......why change it???

Should of bought a Khales:)

Hi Ronny

Very strange set up, I should of looked into it a bit more, but when you think of Ziess you think quality! Great glass tho.

Thanks for the info Ronny does seem a bit of an arse ache tho. I've heard good things about khales, so might have a gander at them.

BD has a Khales, perhaps he can comment on quality, ease of use, durability...

Will be able to give a better review of a 624i Kahles after the weekend. Ziess glass is excellent and really comes into its own at last light but not having decent turrets is a mickey take. The excuse is often " hunters don't dial" well maybe they didn't used to but those days are gone.

What didnt you like?

Hi,

A couple of UKV guys including Orka Akinse jointly ordered a pair of the Kahles 624i from me with the intention of using them at the Quarry Shoot. These were amongst the first supplied in the UK, one of them (supplied to OA) had quality control issues. The scope is being returned to me for forwarding to RUAG UK for a refund as they do not have anymore in stock at present. I have not yet seen the scope but I believe the issues are scratches on one of the lens and internal contamination,

Alan

Looking forward to the review MJR. They look good but are they as good as Zeiss? I have khales binos, can't fault them or tell the difference between them and my muckers Zeiss binos.

Archived