Our new FTR stock

dorg

Have a look at the pics below, see what you think. This is a thumb up style to help with any torque action upon firing, it has a flat section on the front of the forend to take a rail for the bipod. We have removed material from the butt to reduce weight and the overall length is 38 inches. This stock weighs in at 1.7kgs including the buttpad. Also this is a new laminate colour too.

Have a look at the pics below, see what you think. This is a thumb up style to help with any torque action upon firing, it has a flat section on the front of the forend to take a rail for the bipod. We have removed material from the butt to reduce weight and the overall length is 38 inches. This stock weighs in at 1.7kgs including the buttpad. Also this is a new laminate colour too.

err might be me but I can't see any pics??

Alan

Oh what a beauty. Love that colour. Could it be made with adjustable cheek-piece and butt? The stock 'as is' is great when I shoot from a home made bench, but when I shoot prone I need to be able to both raise the cheek to avoid neck pain (oh the joys of reaching 60+) and butt to fit into my shoulder.

Oh what a beauty. Love that colour. Could it be made with adjustable cheek-piece and butt? The stock 'as is' is great when I shoot from a home made bench, but when I shoot prone I need to be able to both raise the cheek to avoid neck pain (oh the joys of reaching 60+) and butt to fit into my shoulder.

With a rested rifle (both ends) as in F Class or benchrest, an adjustable butt isn't required. Try it - you could have the trigger anywhere over a about an 18 inch length! An adjustable cheek-piece might be good to locate head position for scope acquisition but I wouldn't be resting my head on it!

Plus - they add weight and cost. Put the weight where it does the best job - in the barrel!

With a rested rifle (both ends) as in F Class or benchrest, an adjustable butt isn't required. Try it - you could have the trigger anywhere over a about an 18 inch length! An adjustable cheek-piece might be good to locate head position for scope acquisition but I wouldn't be resting my head on it!

Plus - they add weight and cost. Put the weight where it does the best job - in the barrel!

I'd only need the adjustable cheek-piece and butt when shooting prone. It's too painful on the neck without them in that position. Maybe I should stick to bench rest only.

Email sent.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vince, I was puzzled for a while until I revisited this post. What I meant was the ability to move the butt upwards by a couple of inches, which is something I can do on my Doplhin modular stock and my Sako TRG-22. What happens with me in the prone position, no matter how I try to avoid it, is the butt sits low in my shoulder and this makes it difficult to control recoil. Back in my .22 prone shooting days my Anschutz rifle had an adjustable butt hook but you don't see them on F Class rifles.

Archived