Buyer's remorse?

Hey all,

I figured I'd come here and see what you guys thought, as I'm sure I've gone completely insane. I just ordered a JAE-700RSA stock and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to explain this to the wife... ;)

JAE 700 RSA site

I know Andrew will tell me I'm crazy, but...well, maybe I am... :mellow:

Ugh...I've never spent this much on a stock!

I guess I'll have to wait until April/May to find out if I've gone and lost all my marbles...

When i go on a spending spree my wife calls it the "Red Mist". I just get these ideas in my head and off i go credit card in hand.

As usual i buy in haste and repent at leisure.....

Talking of which i'm swopping my Steyr Mannllicher Pro Varmint .223 for a Tikka T3 also in .223. I want the 1 in 8" twist the Tikka will give me to propel more accurately RG 62 grainers. Hope i haven't made a big mistake........again..... :lol:

Hope the new stock works out for you marine...

Grant...

• 3 weeks later...

Just pray to your Lord Jesus and hope she finds out on a good day!! ..................... If not.....................

Your just like the rest of us Marine.......... your buggered and that means she's gonna kill you.

I got my stock and do you think I can find a way to tell her I gotta fork out another $500 to have it bedded :blink:

If I was any good, I would try pillow talk after me nuptuals but I aint that good <_<:blink::lol:

Actually, she'd just spent quite a bit on facials and facial products the week before I ordered it.

It actually went fairly well. I showed up with flowers (which I do anyways at least once every two weeks...it's my preventive maintenance program) and jokingly said that "Today the flowers are truly preventive maintenance". She just laughed and asked "What'd you buy?". When I told her, she just paused and said, "Well, if that's what you want..."

And that was pretty much the end of it. I guess I married well, eh? :blink:

OAN, I spoke to Lisa at the SHOT Show about the stock and got to look at the beta of the 700 stock. One word...wow. I have no problems now with how much it costs (it impressed me that much). Even the mags (which run $100 a pop) could be justified by just picking one up. They're completely milled from solid T6/T7 aluminum. They feel like you could run over them with a tank and they'd survive. They also had a 10rd version as well.

She did say that a 700 long action version was next, and then a Savage pattern in the near future...

I can hardly wait until I get mine!

Looks like you married a good one there marine. That is pretty much what my other half says when I buy something daft, which is why she's still my other half. Some guys really do seem to be under the thumb. Scared of the missus, that's never right :P

tulkyuk,

LOL! Almost...but given how understanding she is about my obsession...err...hobby, I think I'll do my best to hold on to her. :P

As to the kit, yeah, it is pretty sweet! I think the only thing I could think of that would have been nice to have on this stock, was a spare mag trap (since I hate 10rd mags in a bolt gun). It would've been nice to see a flush mounted 5rd mag trap behind the pistol grip...

Archived