DIY Nightforce Turret

bullett243

The sleeve idea is not bad at all. If the gap below the turret is measured, then the sleeve can be made that amount longer, so that it doubles as a zero stop? The only issue would be retaining the sleeve. If you used grub screws as suggested, they would mark the original turret, which would bother some folk. Food for thought tho ...

There must already be grub screw holes in the turret to fix it to the scope, you would just need longer grub screws

Mark

Well, tried it out yesterday at ranges up to 522yds shooting at small stones and it worked a treat every time :D

That will do for me, cant see me shooting a fox further than that in the dark with a 223.

Decided to stay with the delrin rather than aluminium as it wont mark anything if it rubs against it, either in the cabinet or the jeep.

Mark 2 might well be made today :)

so r u going to make them for others... got my hunti.ng sco.pe that couk d do with a set

Yes I will, I just need a few days to sort them out perfectly, and will put a post on here. You can send me your ballistics and I will engrave it to suit.

Cheers Paul

Yes I will, I just need a few days to sort them out perfectly, and will put a post on here. You can send me your ballistics and I will engrave it to suit. Cheers Paul

Super,duper,Paul.I've thrown away my insulating tape,and burnt the patent rights.A MUCH better mousetrap!

george

The sleeve idea is not bad at all. If the gap below the turret is measured, then the sleeve can be made that amount longer, so that it doubles as a zero stop? The only issue would be retaining the sleeve. If you used grub screws as suggested, they would mark the original turret, which would bother some folk. Food for thought tho ...

Thats exactly what i was thinking , but could you wrap the original turret with insulation tape or better still cut carefully an old beer can piece to wrap around the turret to then tighten up the grub screws ? i bet the technically minded will come up with something superior tho !

Archived