Moderator for .204 Ruger

Hi all,

Been browsing on this site for a long time now, some really beautiful set-ups here and interesting articles too. Now I'm looking for a bit of advice.

I'm looking for a new mod for my .204, I currently use a T8AR . With the heavy barrel I have its very front end heavy. I've a new project on the way which will have a different thread job so have the chance to try a new mod.

My main priority is weight- the T8 is good but my god the weight of it. I have a preference for a reflex design as I'll be using a 24" barrel. Sound suppression is also high on the list. If something ticked all those boxes that would be great

Waiting to hear your opinions.

LH

My shooting mate has a dm80 on his 204. Does a very good job and fairly light

I have read a lot of good reviews for the DM80 but its not readily available over here and Dave doesn't post directly to Ireland the last I heard. There is a way around that of course

I've just acquired a jet-z CQB for my .17 rem. There may be lighter mods out there but it's not bad (certainly better than a t8) and noise suppression is spot on, plus extremely good build quality. Nice and compact too.

Looks a fine unit but at 560g its not an awful lot lighter than the T8

The Hardy Gen4 which is recommended for the 17 Hornet works well on the 20's

The Hardy looks an interesting option but its yet to appear on these shores as far as I know. I asked an RFD if he'd seen one or knew anything about them, I ended up having to fill him in. I'd have to get one ordered in specially

Looks a fine unit but at 560g its not an awful lot lighter than the T8

I have used both on my lightweight .17 rem and I can assure you the handling is very much improved with the CQB - it certainly feels a damned sight lighter than the t8 that's for sure....

The Hardy looks an interesting option but its yet to appear on these shores as far as I know. I asked an RFD if he'd seen one or knew anything about them, I ended up having to fill him in. I'd have to get one ordered in specially

Edgar Bros have them in stock so your local gun shop should be able to get them in a couple of days

Hi

We have an export license and are able to supply moderators to rfd's in Ireland, we also have a specific stainless steel reflex model for the .20 cals.

regards

Colin

Hi colin, can you give me a link to any specs, pics and prices for your mods. I saw the mod that Baldie was testing, really nice unit, would love to know more

LH

I only copped your website at the bottom of your post.

I'd still like price and specs on a .20 cal stainless reflex and S series mod

Hi

We have an export license and are able to supply moderators to rfd's in Ireland, we also have a specific stainless steel reflex model for the .20 cals.

regards

Colin

Colin

You have miss-typed the link to your webpage (you missed the 'l') so it don't work...

Working link here :-)

http://www.freewebs.com/onelesscharlie/

Chris

I've come to this conclusion with sound mods and its only my opinion heavy equals quiet ish light equals not as quiet ish it all comes down to what you are prepared to carry what ever you end up with there will be a compromise

Jetz quiet heavy little bugger good noise reduction

Atec maxim lighter but a little noisier

Don't think what your shooting at would notice a difference just my opinion

Archived