Quickload drop charts?

hello QL users , iv been using QL for just a few months now , the thing i cant work out is , is there a drop chart once youv put in all the data ? for clicks, moa etc? as iv used other balistics such as ' big game info external bal calculator ' alltho its abit simpler .. they show the corections needed! but also need tweaking some when in the field! The version is 3.6 !!

You should have a companion piece of software called Quicktarget which will import your INTERNAL ballistics data (Quickload) and produce a drop chart for you ... reasonably accurate but get Bryan Litz software if you can.... goes on Android phone.

The Biggameinfo charts are better, gives drops and drifts in inches as well as cliks. I have Quickload/quicktarget but prefer the free Bigagmeinfo chart,

http://www.biggameinfo.com/BalCalc.aspx

A

man ,that sucks , you pay over 100 quid i think? and you dont get the proper firing soloutions ! apart from that it is bloody good . the great thing with Big Game info - ex-calculator is you can choose the range , and increments ! thanks for your help lads .. TIM..

The Biggameinfo charts are better, gives drops and drifts in inches as well as cliks. I have Quickload/quicktarget but prefer the free Bigagmeinfo chart,

http://www.biggameinfo.com/BalCalc.aspx

A

You can do all this with quicktarget / quicktarget unlimited, inches, cm, moa, clicks. increments and range

Where Quickload excels is in the 'what if' load calcs.

You can change powders. loads, bullets, seating depth, barrel length etc and see what pressures ( the most important bit !!) and speeds are.

Suggest you want the pressure on the graph just kissing the pink section, thats plenty hot enough. Remember though that the info is theoretical and you would still have to work your loads up in the normal manner.

A

You can change powders. loads, bullets, seating depth, barrel length etc and see what pressures ( the most important bit !!) and speeds are.

Suggest you want the pressure on the graph just kissing the pink section, thats plenty hot enough. Remember though that the info is theoretical and you would still have to work your loads up in the normal manner.

A

Amen to that-checking pressure should be mandatory if loads given on site are above the 'book' maxima,AND those pressures should be given too- with some 'warning' to new reloaders that they are into the ragged edge regions. "Kissing the pink "sounds about right,before someone gets completely snookered.And the sport is outlawed.

george

A

Quickload and quick target should be viewed as separate things nice thing is importing load data. To be fair I find the velocity estimated is often down on that achieved, sometimes quite markedly so. I also think the pressure estimates are pretty much worst case scenario I have yet to find a maximum I cannot safely exceed without getting any sign (don't suppose that's a bad thing). I often play with stuff as side by side comparisons are often interesting in their own right ( can I outrun the wind over bucking it, what is the difference in two different cartridges etc ) the data you get from real chonoed velocities are pretty good though due to the estimates and actuals being out on speed............

Archived