Pacific Tool & Gauge

Danpd

Funnily enough i,m on there at the minute buying some reamers after using a ptg 7x57 today that i got from Midway.

This is a std HSS reamer, but they have changed from a screw to a small circlip to hold the bush on, and its s hit basically. There are now no oil ways under the bush and the flushing sytem struggles to get oil past the bush. The chamber cut fine, but i like to see oil pissing through personally.

Turns out i,ve got three unopened ones like this so they need modifying or replacing....bugger.

Not an easy company to deal with at times.

Just having a moment.

After having spent 20 mins explaining that they need to stop my order from being shipped out, because they have invoiced me for HSS bushings instead of carbide for the carbide reamer in the same order (duh).

They now send me an email saying that they have also processed a rush order for me because they didnt realise the 8mm HSS bushing set (which was correct) i had ordered was meant to be carbide. So i have had to spend another ten minutes explaining to them that they don't need to make them because they won't work on the HSS 8x68 reamer i have on the same order.

I'm just annoyed because when i ordered this stuff at Shot, the guys on the stand (apart from Dave Kiff) were totally clueless muppets, and as i was giving them the order i was sure something like this was going to happen.

In contrast i placed an order with Dave Manson and he was a dream to deal with.

Rant over.

Ive just become immune to them. I dont get annoyed anymore. Took almost 10 months to get them to process a .260 reamer, they firt sent the gauges, a month later they sent the bushes and then so many months later they send the reamer. Ive asked them 500 times to send all together for obvious reasons, cost being the biggest factor and obviously what good is a set of gauges without the reamer. I just dont get upset anymore, I just live with it the best I can.

Their admin side seems hopeless. I dealt with three different girls on the phone in as many weeks and none knew what the other had said or seemed able to get anything out of their order processing system. Girl #1 had seemed pretty efficient, but when I rang back a week later not having had the promised email order confirmation, it became obvious after an awkward pause in the conversation with girl #2 that the previous one no longer worked there and nothing had been done or passed on. Dave K had personally emailed me a reamer drawing (a new 223 Rem design he'd contacted me about originally rather than the other way round) and it soon became obvious that this was a mystery to the admin side - so I was requested to email the drawing back to them !!

On 6.5 Hdy Creedmoor, Vince and I got a reamer quickly, but never ever got the go gauge. Fortunately Baldie was able to help us out! As Fergal says, you might not like this interesting (?) type of customer service, but you sort of get immune to it.

Archived