Dedicated nv which one ?

tealo

Been reading and researching more than I ever have and my head hurts. I was set on an Archer but think I'm after a dedicated scope now. Seems the dedal 760 is the boy to have but i think you can't get hold of one in this country so I think the options are.

http://www.nvscopes.com/night%20vision%20scope%20Gen2%20SM3S2%20HTH%20731.html

I don't know the difference between the three scopes but seem well priced.

http://www.nightvisiongear.co.uk/Night-Vision-Rifle-Scopes-Mars4-Mars6.htm

Read a bit about these but bit there a bit pricey, £1000 more for a gen 3 Am I missing something?

Theres also the pulsar n750 but I don't really want to chuck out loads of ir to get the distance I can get with a gen3.

If you lads who know far more about nv than I ever will can point me in the right direction or if you've dealt with either firm I'd be very grateful for any comments. Cheers folks

IF you want dedicated nv scope have a look at the longbow,it's the big brother of the archer.

Longbow looks good but read somewhere if your going to spend £4000 there are better nv scopes to spend it on. What they are I'm not sure of.

Longbow looks good but read somewhere if your going to spend £4000 there are better nv scopes to spend it on. What they are I'm not sure of.

Yes mate, there are a lot better NV scopes around for less money than a Longbow......If I could drop you a PM I would do but for some reason I can't.

Yes mate, there are a lot better NV scopes around for less money than a Longbow......If I could drop you a PM I would do but for some reason I can't.

Don't know why, but I haven't used the pm's yet....

Something to consider with a dedicated NV scope, you will either need a separate spotter, (be that either a thermal/NV spotter or a lamp, then switch to NV) Or spotting through your dedicated, not ideal swinging around a loaded rifle. At least with a monocular it can be used as both.

If you post your location, someone near you maybe able to arrange a veiwing to assist in your choice.

Cheers

Steve

Something to consider with a dedicated NV scope, you will either need a separate spotter, (be that either a thermal/NV spotter or a lamp, then switch to NV) Or spotting through your dedicated, not ideal swinging around a loaded rifle. At least with a monocular it can be used as both.

If you post your location, someone near you maybe able to arrange a veiwing to assist in your choice.

Cheers

Steve

+1 on a good spotter

+1 on location too.

I have a longbow and archer and have used a PSV/PVS (I get confused). I have to say I almost always use the IR so I can keep my mag up a bit and so I get the flash from eyes

Yeah read that buh. Think I've read everything about NV on the forum, it's took a wile. Has anyone used the scopes in the links they look the best of any that can be purchased in the UK but I suppose that open for debate as I'm just going of what I've read and not used either.

I had the SM-3S26HG for a while. It was 60lp/mm and was a cracking scope. In the end I sold it to Craig at Third Eye and I believe he thought it very good too.

Clive at NVscopes is a very good guy to deal with although sometimes he can be a bit lax at getting back to people as NV is not his sole line of business. Some folk on other forums rubbish him for this but personally I have never had any hassles in my dealings with him.

I have been to a couple of NV meet ups where folk bring all sorts of stuff for others to have a look through and drool over. Liked the Kite but the reticle was crap unless you are hunting people. One of the clearest pictures was an Envis but that is an add-on not dedicated.

There is a new kid on the block though. It was developed by a local 'lad' and is digital but probably better than most digital things you have ever seen. it is an add on but the range and clarity are outstanding.

He has struck some sort of deal with Clive at NVScopes to develop it on a commercial footing and I believe it is very close to market. The price is more like £500+vat so for the money it is exceptional! I believe it will be called 'Wardyvision'

Have a look on youtube and do a search for lardyvision. Have a look at Darrens work and some of his videos. He has it seems owned almost every piece of NV at some time and produces some nice comparison videos so you can see what looks like what before spending your hard earned money.

For a decent NV forum have a look on www.airgunbbs.com there are a lot of folk on there with some nice kit and good information.

Mark

I had the SM-3S26HG for a while. It was 60lp/mm and was a cracking scope. In the end I sold it to Craig at Third Eye and I believe he thought it very good too.

Clive at NVscopes is a very good guy to deal with although sometimes he can be a bit lax at getting back to people as NV is not his sole line of business. Some folk on other forums rubbish him for this but personally I have never had any hassles in my dealings with him.

I have been to a couple of NV meet ups where folk bring all sorts of stuff for others to have a look through and drool over. Liked the Kite but the reticle was crap unless you are hunting people. One of the clearest pictures was an Envis but that is an add-on not dedicated.

There is a new kid on the block though. It was developed by a local 'lad' and is digital but probably better than most digital things you have ever seen. it is an add on but the range and clarity are outstanding.

He has struck some sort of deal with Clive at NVScopes to develop it on a commercial footing and I believe it is very close to market. The price is more like £500+vat so for the money it is exceptional! I believe it will be called 'Wardyvision'

Have a look on youtube and do a search for lardyvision. Have a look at Darrens work and some of his videos. He has it seems owned almost every piece of NV at some time and produces some nice comparison videos so you can see what looks like what before spending your hard earned money.

For a decent NV forum have a look on www.airgunbbs.com there are a lot of folk on there with some nice kit and good information.

Mark

As well as the link above check out the NV forum

http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com

Thanks for all the help. I am now more confused than ever. I now know the dedal 760 or 480 is the bit of kit to have but could anyone point me at someone selling one. There's a big barny going on about Clive wards SM3S2/HTH-731 as its a gen 2 tube and not a gen 3 (apparently). I'd like to find out more on the Mars seems good but don't know how it would compare to a d760. The biggest confusion is all these tubes, you get gen 3 but some gen 2 are better than gen 3 could anyone shed some light on this...... I crack myself up........ No really I'm confused.

Thanks for all the help. I am now more confused than ever. I now know the dedal 760 or 480 is the bit of kit to have but could anyone point me at someone selling one. There's a big barny going on about Clive wards SM3S2/HTH-731 as its a gen 2 tube and not a gen 3 (apparently). I'd like to find out more on the Mars seems good but don't know how it would compare to a d760. The biggest confusion is all these tubes, you get gen 3 but some gen 2 are better than gen 3 could anyone shed some light on this...... I crack myself up........ No really I'm confused.

I have a D480 with an XR5 AG tube and a friend of mine (Yep I do have one) has a gen 3 MARS, and even though it breaks his heart to admit it, we both agree that the D480 has the edge.

Your a long way from me but if ever your passing your more than welcome to veiw them, and others Archer, NVM 14 etc.

Steve

PS Camo304 is very knowledgable on all things NV, he may shed some light on the differences.

You need to look through a few mate before you part with any cash. i know exactly how you feel but do yourself a big favour and hang around for the right bit of kit. Have a chat with Camo. Also, if you are at the shooting show on Sunday ill happily meet you and show you some of my gear.

Isn't the Cobra Centuar 165 identical to the D760? apart from the side mounted IR. Or does it use different a lens and tube?

Good advice above, bide your time and buy right the first time and without question try before you part with any money.

I have looked through the SM3S2/HTH-731 and thought it was possibly the best bang for your buck. By far and away the tube I have ever owned was a Maxi Kite, great tube shame about the rest of it.

Cobra centaur, another one to think abouts pricey though. Thanks for all the advise your all spot on buying right the first time saves a lot of money and heart ache. Thanks for the offers but Warwickshire and Dorset are miles away and us Suffolk boys try not to go too far in case we run out of bread crumbs.

Cobra centaur, another one to think abouts pricey though. Thanks for all the advise your all spot on buying right the first time saves a lot of money and heart ache. Thanks for the offers but Warwickshire and Dorset are miles away and us Suffolk boys try not to go too far in case we run out of bread crumbs.

I'll drop you a PM.

Are you on any other forums? Is so let me know and I'll drop you a PM.

Yeah I'm Smudge00 on the stalking directory, airgunbbs and tealo on the nightvision forum. I use this forum and stalking directory mainly chap.

Archived