Sinclair Competition Rest

Well I finally gave in and bought a new front rest.

I had long looked at the new Sinclair rests and they seemed to tick all the right boxes. I love my Seb Neo, but I just cant get on with it for 100 yard bench rest and my Cicognani rest suited my head's up style.

Well the rest arrived from Sinclair last week and I finally got round to assembling it and putting a rifle on it today.

It is amazing, nice large positive knobs and controls. The windage adjustment and speed screw are right next to each other and can be reached happily either seated or at a bench.

It happily took my F class rifle on it.

It's certainly solid, it made my Neo feel featherweight, it weighs in at over 13kg.

I have put some pictures up to look at.

Finally the shipping wasnt as bad as I thought it would be and overall including taxes and shipping it cost £555 to my door, very good for such a quality product.

For anyone that wants a Non-Joystick rest I would certainly recommend this.

Hi Gary

It is the dogs danglies, the base is 1" thick steel, the mariner wheel runs nicely on a set of ball bearings.

The speed screw is very slick and all the control knobs are nice and big, so easy to get hold of quickly.

I picked up the GBR rifle yesterday night, so have not shot it yet.

I may well shoot it at the 600BR, but it will definately be in the Heavy Gun class at 20+ lbs.

Off to the gym now for a workout :-) Sod it, I will just go and move the rest, that will do the same job!

Archived