DTA Fclass & New member.

Hi I'm a new member I have been following this forum a while and thought I might join in.I am a keen long range shooter at steel plates and I have been trying fclass for about 2 years when I can get there.I use a DTA at times for Fclass and just wondering if there is someone out there that has made a bag rider for the DTA.At the moment l sit the mag on the bag and it works ok but can always improve on it .I have shot my DTA out to 1 km on steel plates (6.5x47) and it works v/ well I am going to try my hand at a 1200y comp see howe we go so the bag rider would be a help.The steel plate was shot at 1km the hole in the middle is about 150 x 150 we put a lot into it and eventually the flap broke off using 140 gr Berger's .Thanks for letting me join in.

Welcome to the forum, nice rifle!

I did build one for a DTA a while ago, they are a tad fidly as the butt is quite angular however it looked good when it was finished and the customer was chuffed, I seem to remember it went abroad somewhere.It was machined from 6082 T6 to keep the weight down and ended up at around the 140 gram mark however I can build them lighter if needed.

Welcome to the forum, nice rifle!

I did build one for a DTA a while ago, they are a tad fidly as the butt is quite angular however it looked good when it was finished and the customer was chuffed, I seem to remember it went abroad somewhere.It was machined from 6082 T6 to keep the weight down and ended up at around the 140 gram mark however I can build them lighter if needed.

Davy i am also interested aswell pm me with details thank you chris MO3

first thanks for the welcome .And thanks Elwood for the info.Davey pm inbound.I find that the DTA is a handy and very accurate but to find little things e.g bag rider it is little harder to find things.My AI AW you can find whatever you need when you need it .O and Happy new Year to all.Hally

Hi Ewan,

It is similar to the AI/KMW/TRG/R700 ones I do, I will dig out a picture.

Yes I have built a front rider to fit a picatinny rail in the past for an AR type platform, it was an interesting project however quite cumbersome as it was difficult to keep the plate close to the underside of the rifle, I keep meaning to revisit it as I have an idea for improving it that needs testing.

Hi Ewan,

It is similar to the AI/KMW/TRG/R700 ones I do, I will dig out a picture.

Yes I have built a front rider to fit a picatinny rail in the past for an AR type platform, it was an interesting project however quite cumbersome as it was difficult to keep the plate close to the underside of the rifle, I keep meaning to revisit it as I have an idea for improving it that needs testing.

Hi Davy

I would also be interested, I am presuming the KMW ones would not work, (the riders are at work and the DTA is at home so not able to check at the moment...

Pic f class plate would also be of interest.

Cheers

Gary Costello

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately my KMW model will not fit, all of the back plates and riders I make are of a different profile, even the AICS and AICX are slightly different as the AICX plate needs to be 9,0mm longer. I was surprised when I discovered the TRG and TR were different as well... If you have a spare spacer for the DTA pop it in the post and I will add it to the list. I had a check and I do not have a picture of the Picatinny rail mounted front plate I built however it was too cumbersome for my liking anyway so the new design will be a lot more elegant and a lot quicker to fit/remove. I will probably hard black anodise them as well in keeping with the rest of the rifle. 'Something shiny black from the SHED'

Cheers

David

Archived