New bolt fluting style and guess what........

baldie

Every Tikka I have ever owned has shot great groups, It would be interesting to know if any top target shooter has ever made a Benchrest rifle using a standard T3 action as a base and if so how well did he get on. [Ronny]

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is 'no'. There's a lady though who's shot some fantastic 1,000-yard groups at Diggle winning the Factory Sporter class in the long-range benchrest comps with a 6.5X55mm varmint job, which if my failing memory doesn't deceive, is a T3. Gun Pimp will no doubt confirm, or not.

Dave - nice job! I can see why you called it Barley Sugar - just like those sweet sticks.

I'm pretty sure the answer to that is 'no'. There's a lady though who's shot some fantastic 1,000-yard groups at Diggle winning the Factory Sporter class in the long-range benchrest comps with a 6.5X55mm varmint job, which if my failing memory doesn't deceive, is a T3. Gun Pimp will no doubt confirm, or not.

Laurie,

Rachel uses a Sauer in 6.5x55. Benchrest rifle using a Tikka action? Not with that weedy little tenon if you are seeking ultimate accuracy! But, I love the fluting Dave........

Archived