clothing

Orka Akinse

ive got some nice le chameau wellies due in very soon that would look good and an ideal xmas present

SPUD!!!!!!!! That is so my wife's trick. I ask for a jacket and get wellies....... C'mon would ya :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alternatively, let me have your partners contact details, your boot size and I'll get the message across.

SPUD!!!!!!!! That is so my wife's trick. I ask for a jacket and get wellies....... C'mon would ya :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alternatively, let me have your partners contact details, your boot size and I'll get the message across.

LOLZ

Mine was the preverbal SAS windproof smock in OG green, as they are just one of the best cut shooting jackets of all time. There are loads of knock off's and shed loads on the evil bay; some are OK and some fairly yuck (stay clear of "the modified" ones). The best, old British Army DPM were made pre 1980, and hold a collectors premium and go from £100-£200!! Most old school DPM can be had for £50 or less, but be careful they are not the chinese copies. Annoyingly they were made in several qualities and DPM prints over the years; its all a bit of a minefield. I have several from the old days including the short production run of Ventile made ones. My OG green one was one I picked up off the bay a couple of years ago, though hasn't seen much use. SASS Kit have been making SAS smocks in all sorts of colours for years but their web site is under construction?????

They are windproofs so not waterproof (wear a light weight Berghous goretex under them).

They don't actually last that long being too fine a cotton.

They are the best shooting coat going in dry hot weather, period.

I'm looking for a wet weather coat too, but most are far too heavy or too real tree american for my taste. I've had years and years and years of good use from a Country Innovation Ventile Ranger Jacket which is fine for southern pheasant shooting but no good for lying in the wet. I like the look of the River West fabrics but wish they made something better cut. Seeland do good waterproofs, I often wear their trousers, as do several of the Scandinavian ranges but the better ones are high price and some getting heavy or noisy. Coats, its a personal thing. I run hot, so need something that breaths fast which is why I like windproofs and if its raining hard then on goes the goretex. If you are static then a lot of the all weather shooting coats work but for me they are either too hot or not hot enough. I'll stick with the layering system and a daysack. Montane fibre pile jacket and Snugpak Ebony softie jacket does for me the keep me warm bit; both brilliant pieces of kit. Its taken me years to find something that works for me and its all a bit old school as I know there are some clever new stuff coming on line; just look at the high price climbing kit.

My pet hate are noisy fabrics, which is why I still like cotton.

The shoot was on one hot day; if its the same next year I'll be wearing a Filson Safari Jacket!!!

They are windproofs so not waterproof (wear a light weight Berghous goretex under them).

They don't actually last that long being too fine a cotton.

They are the best shooting coat going in dry hot weather, period.

Yup, agree with all of that. Even used to wear mine winter highland stalking too (with a spot of goretex underneath when needed!).

I'd pinged your OG one as a SASS product - intrigued to hear that it wasn't, it looked spot on.

(You had a ventile windproof? Survival Aids? You're giving your age away! :) )

Mine is made in Canada by a company called SEALS Action Gear in Calgary.

Excellent quality with cordura shoulder and hood which keeps the rain off.

ive had the tactical field smock for three years and I wear it every time I go stalking or to the range unless its really cold.

Id buy another without question.

https://www.sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=522

Mine is made in Canada by a company called SEALS Action Gear in Calgary.

Excellent quality with cordura shoulder and hood which keeps the rain off.

ive had the tactical field smock for three years and I wear it every time I go stalking or to the range unless its really cold.

Id buy another without question.

https://www.sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=522

I served with John (the owner) waaay back. He's a top bloke.

jn3.jpg

He was the first chap to work with crye to take multicam smocks forward when crye lost to ACU a while back.

The hood, shoulders and elbows/forearms are waterproof with really fine cordura that feels like cotton

Archived