If i was going to treat my self to a trail cam irrespective of budget ,k which would you suggest and why?

Heard good things about a product called Little Acorn that uploads the images automatically via text, so even if found, the images are safe....to hand to whichever authority you choose

I use little acorn and can't fault them. They are not cow proof just had one wrecked by some unrully heifers. They have fastest reaction time and are easy to set up. The low glow one doesn't have a good a night pic as the standard one but it doesn't spook the foxes

A lot of the pro pest controllers swear by the Bushnell models, pricey but they stand up to the riggers professional use, not got one myself but the ones that use "black" light seem to be the most popular choice.

I did lots of research about 12 months ago and then the Bushnell and new Leupold models seemed to come out well. Found a Bushnell Trophy on ebay new but damaged packaging for just over £100. Very pleased with the results top rat spotting cam at night and good day pics. A small delay on the shots but if you set it for a burst of 3 you will get yer rat or whatever in one of them. If you want to take pics for security go for the black light version as on mine you can see it go off at night - a dull red glow. Easy for a human who knows to spot!

I did lots of research about 12 months ago and then the Bushnell and new Leupold models seemed to come out well. Found a Bushnell Trophy on ebay new but damaged packaging for just over £100. Very pleased with the results top rat spotting cam at night and good day pics. A small delay on the shots but if you set it for a burst of 3 you will get yer rat or whatever in one of them. If you want to take pics for security go for the black light version as on mine you can see it go off at night - a dull red glow. Easy for a human who knows to spot!

I have been using a Bushnell trophy cam for a couple of years now, I did try a current version Hawke (the early ones were shite!) a few weeks ago.

I think on balance the new Hawke has the edge on image quality although I have never had cause for complaint against the Bushnell.

Had a quick chat with a mate today about trail cams and he said that the reason he uses Bushnell cams is because the image quality is excellent which is paramount when sending reports to customers etc. He's even used footage in court to win a case!

Archived