Ziess conquest

6.5shooter

Does anyone know where I can get a ziess conquest scope in the uk?

Nowhere seems to stock them.

Regards

Garry

Conquest scopes are American and not on general sale here. they are excellent scopes for the money and your best bet is to bring one in yourself via a dealer that will post one here, or to pick one up 2nd hand.They come up periodically on here and several other forums such as Airgunbbs,shootforum etc.

I believe Zeiss UK have proved a bit sniffy when asked about the Conquest scope, and you might not receive Zeiss service here for spares & repairs. As Gazzar says, you'll have to obtain it in the USA - currently it costs a little over $1000 from major suppliers like Cabelas, Optics Planet. Yesterday the dollar closed at around $1.57 to the pound, so this represents good value if you can get it at that price. Probably means buying it in person or getting a friend to do so, and taking pot luck on having to pay VAT/duty in UK... I'd like one myself - the Conquest has an ideal varmint-hunting spec and is well thought of.

Tony

Im surprised ziess dont market the conquest in the uk as I think there is definatly a place for them.

Im in two minds wether or not to orderfrom the states incase I get stung by import tax.

I might be going to canada next year but I dont think I can waitthat long! Something has to go it!

Thanks for the info lads!

Mike, I had a nosey on mcleods the other day but didnt see anything that stood out! Maybe im too fussy, might take another look tonight.

Garry

• 1 month later...

Im surprised ziess dont market the conquest in the uk as I think there is definatly a place for them.

Im in two minds wether or not to orderfrom the states incase I get stung by import tax.

I might be going to canada next year but I dont think I can waitthat long! Something has to go it!

Thanks for the info lads!

Mike, I had a nosey on mcleods the other day but didnt see anything that stood out! Maybe im too fussy, might take another look tonight.

Garry

Zeiss wouldn't market them here garry because the conquest is a very good scope for the money.

And im sure it would affect the sales of there other scopes.

I've had 3 of them. And still got one on my 17 rem. They really are good for the money. Nice and light.

The 4.5x14x50 I have now is much more compact in length then the 6.5x20x50 that I just sold.

this is one of the reasons I sold it. Glass is very good in day and under lamp.

Turrets are good and always return to zero. Though being a 25 mm tube they dont offer a massive amount of adjustment.

but I dont need that anyway so dont worry about that. If you get one then look at the zplex ret.

Imo its the best ret they do for all round shooting. Its fine enough not to cover targets. But thick enough you wont loose it

Against a dark back ground. Over here they all sell between 500 and 600 pound secondhand due to them being popular now

When I picked up this 4.5x14x50 I found it had a bit of dust in the back lens. I rang Zeiss and they said I can return it to the usa and it will be covered under warranty. But they dont do it for customers anymore due to the postage and tax charges.

I said to then surely you dont have to pay tax on something again entering this country if it's a warranty repair? But they didn't want to know. Imo a Zeiss is a Zeiss. They should honour the warranty no matter what country the scope was had from.

But it was know hardship. Because I found a guy local to me in birmingham. That services and repairs scopes if need be. And only charges around 50 pound.

Zeiss wouldn't market them here garry because the conquest is a very good scope for the money.

I've had 3 of them. And still got one on my 17 rem. They really are good for the money. Nice and light.

The 4.5x14x50 I have now is much more compact in length then the 6.5x20x50 that I just sold.

Turrets are good and always return to zero. Though being a 25 mm tube they dont offer a massive amount of adjustment.

but I dont need that anyway so dont worry about that. If you get one then look at the zplex ret.

Imo its the best ret they do for all round shooting. Its fine enough not to cover targets. But thick enough you wont loose it

Against a dark back ground. Over here they all sell between 500 and 600 pound secondhand due to them being popular now

When I picked up this 4.5x14x50 I found it had a bit of dust in the back lens. I rang Zeiss and they said I can return it to the usa and it will be covered under warranty. But they dont do it for customers anymore due to the postage and tax charges.

I said to then surely you dont have to pay tax on something again entering this country if it's a warranty repair? But they didn't want to know. Imo a Zeiss is a Zeiss. They should honour the warranty no matter what country the scope was had from.

But it was know hardship. Because I found a guy local to me in birmingham. That services and repairs scopes if need be. And only charges around 50 pound.

I ended up buying the Kahles advertised on here by Calton Moor range.

They are much the same glass as Swarovski and I believe that Swarovski now owns Kahles.

The scope has target turrets under cover, parallax adjustment and mil 1 reticle which is perfect for what I wantthe scope for.

I fitted it to my 223 and I will definatly but another if I get the chance of a second hand one again.

These scopes are seriously underestimated in my opinion and well worth a look!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add a comment on customs, I've a couple of USA built salmon fly rods by Thomas & Thomas which are anything from 600 to 1k over here, you get a lifetime warranty with them. I broke the tip of one, and had to post back to the states. On posting the new section back they have to put a monetary value for insurance purposes, but you don't have to pay the import duty provided the manufacturer confirms in writing that its a warranty repair. I've done it twice now, and given I can prove original purchase, you don't have to pay.

Anry

• 2 weeks later...

I bought your scope and after zeroing on the .223 a few weeks ago it got its first outing out on the fell farms last night instead of having the nv on this rifle. To say I was impressed was an under statement, clarity of the sight picture was superb and I managed 4 fox for 4 shots. 1st prone at 165 yard chest shot, 2nd off a post top at 130 yards facing me, 3rd off a wall top at about 60yards facing me, and the last at 220yards in the head as it was curled up in the rushes. The z-plex was just perfect for the job and the setup weighted a good bit less than with the pulsar or Nightforce ontop, I would almost as far as saying £ for £ it's the best scope I've ever owned and ideal under the lamp. X6.5 for the shot off the wall top and wound it upto about x15 for the longer prone shots but nice to know I had a bit more mag if required.

I bought your scope and after zeroing on the .223 a few weeks ago it got its first outing out on the fell farms last night instead of having the nv on this rifle. To say I was impressed was an under statement, clarity of the sight picture was superb and I managed 4 fox for 4 shots. 1st prone at 165 yard chest shot, 2nd off a post top at 130 yards facing me, 3rd off a wall top at about 60yards facing me, and the last at 220yards in the head as it was curled up in the rushes. The z-plex was just perfect for the job and the setup weighted a good bit less than with the pulsar or Nightforce ontop, I would almost as far as saying £ for £ it's the best scope I've ever owned and ideal under the lamp. X6.5 for the shot off the wall top and wound it upto about x15 for the longer prone shots but nice to know I had a bit more mag if required.

Glad your happy mate. I do kind of regret selling it now as it would be nice sat on top of a 6mm.

But needs must. If you ever sell it in the future. Please be kind enough to offer me 1st before selling it

Atb jamie

Archived