CZ rimfire

I have a .22 CZ rimmy that i was wanting to accurise a little. First thing would be a new trigger but apart from that is there anyone out there that has tweeked theres ? if so what did they do and what results did they get ?.

Was thinking of bedding the stock, is there a after market stock for the cz rimmy ? before i bed the standard one.

Cheers

Ads

Ads: What kind of grouping are you getting now? and with what ammo and at what ranges?

CZ stock inletting is terrible and glass bedding is usually a must in my experience. 308 P is correct about the Brooks kits but they are so simple to make it's hardly worth ordering one from your side of the pond. If you go to his web site you'll see what it entails. Easy.~Andrew

Hi

the trigger kits are on the shelf here, i think baldis shop has them SYSS.

i had mine shortened and the stock bedded and she shoots well, but she was a good shooter from the start.

nearly every one i picked up at the shop (when i was looking for mine) needed some form of barrel inletting.all i did was pick the one that looked like it needed the lest. i had the wooden versions and by what i have seen the plastic stocks are all about the same.

all so you could have the barrel re crowned. this will insure that the crown is concentric.

but i would shoot her first and see what she can do, i think the CZs are fantastic rifles for the cash. ya you have to make sure the barrels are floated, ya the triggers need the £12 kit.

but they are so cheap compared to some of the, off the shelf rim fires.

ATB

Colin ;)

Cheers Guys for all the replys,

TBH it shoots not to bad about 1" at 50 yards and for bunny's it is a head shot every time (well most of the time anyway). What i will deffo do is give it the Brooks trigger kit for sure. After that i would like to give it an after market stock and bed it in to that. For me it has to shoot good but i also like it to look the part as well. TBH for a while i have fancied having a go at bedding an action and what i might do is try bedding it into the standard plastic stock its in just now. If i do a good job then i might buy an after market stock and do the same again. The Mcmillan after market stock sounds good, its a Mcmillan i have on my 243 AI in cammo green and it just sets of the rifle. The 243AI is a custom from Riflecraft built about 6 years ago. It will still shoot 3 into a .200" at 100yrds and thats after 4000 rounds.

The make up of the 243AI is

remmy 700 action printed

Mcmillan cammo stock pillar bedded & floated

Pacnor barrel #7 contour

P.E.S mod

Jewel trigger

& topped with an 8.5-25 Leupold long range target.

Shoots like a dream.

All the best,

Adam

Guest varmartin
Cheers Guys for all the replys,

TBH it shoots not to bad about 1" at 50 yards and for bunny's it is a head shot every time (well most of the time anyway). What i will deffo do is give it the Brooks trigger kit for sure. After that i would like to give it an after market stock and bed it in to that. For me it has to shoot good but i also like it to look the part as well. TBH for a while i have fancied having a go at bedding an action and what i might do is try bedding it into the standard plastic stock its in just now. If i do a good job then i might buy an after market stock and do the same again. The Mcmillan after market stock sounds good, its a Mcmillan i have on my 243 AI in cammo green and it just sets of the rifle. The 243AI is a custom from Riflecraft built about 6 years ago. It will still shoot 3 into a .200" at 100yrds and thats after 4000 rounds.

The make up of the 243AI is

remmy 700 action printed

Mcmillan cammo stock pillar bedded & floated

Pacnor barrel #7 contour

P.E.S mod

Jewel trigger

& topped with an 8.5-25 Leupold long range target.

Shoots like a dream.

All the best,

Adam

Adam ...It would be nice to see some pictures if you have any.

Martin

Dont start me, i am really fussy with my CF reloading. Tha last thing i need is to get like that with a rimmy :P

TBH i just fancied getting a new stock in cammo and having a go at bedding it myself, i will also add the after market trigger and get the barrel beed blasted. Probs a bit ott for a rimmy but what the hell.

Ads... :lol:

Dont start me, i am really fussy with my CF reloading. Tha last thing i need is to get like that with a rimmy :lol:

TBH i just fancied getting a new stock in cammo and having a go at bedding it myself, i will also add the after market trigger and get the barrel beed blasted. Probs a bit ott for a rimmy but what the hell.

Ads... :P

hi -

its the best thing iv done up to date with the rimmy(sorting for rim thickness)

now keep this to yourself and don't tell anyone. you don't have to buy a thing if you have all ready got a comparator and a 243 insert.

as you can do the job like that, but if i was you i would tie some string around my veneerer,and put the other end round my neck,as you would not want to drop the verniers with a rimtanger bullet between the blades.

as for bedding the stock i don't think you can fully bed the plastic stocks.

ATB

Colin

PS now i bet you try sorting your rimmy bullets,you know you have to :lol::lol: hey i got excellent results :lol:

hi -

its the best thing iv done up to date with the rimmy(sorting for rim thickness)

now keep this to yourself and don't tell anyone. you don't have to buy a thing if you have all ready got a comparator and a 243 insert.

as you can do the job like that, but if i was you i would tie some string around my veneerer,and put the other end round my neck,as you would not want to drop the verniers with a rimtanger bullet between the blades.

as for bedding the stock i don't think you can fully bed the plastic stocks.

ATB

Colin

PS now i bet you try sorting your rimmy bullets,you know you have to :P:lol: hey i got excellent results :lol:

You are just going to keep nipping me untill i start sorting rimmys arent you ? lol...

The stock i would go for it the mcmillan, not sure if you can pillar bed it or not but i cant think of a reason why not !! anyone?

Adam ...It would be nice to see some pictures if you have any.

Martin

I have hunners of pics but there at home on the PC. I am in holland at the mo so will post some when i get home.

Ads...

You are just going to keep nipping me untill i start sorting rimmys arent you ? lol...

The stock i would go for it the mcmillan, not sure if you can pillar bed it or not but i cant think of a reason why not !! anyone?

hi

i thought you was on about bedding the original stock (the plastic one)

MC Milan's bed just fine and dandy :lol:

ATB

Colin :P

hi

i thought you was on about bedding the original stock (the plastic one)

MC Milan's bed just fine and dandy :lol:

ATB

Colin :lol:

Few !! I think i will go for it. I will put in an order when i get home :lol:

How exactly can i check neck sizes on the .22 ammo with a comparater ?. See what you have started. :P

Few !! I think i will go for it. I will put in an order when i get home :lol:

How exactly can i check neck sizes on the .22 ammo with a comparater ?. See what you have started. :lol:

hmmmmm i new you would fall to the dark side :o

drop a rimfire bullet through the 243 hole in the comparator, and measure the rim thickness of that round.

separate them down to 1/2 thou piles. and i will guarantee you will say thanks :lol::lol: for wasting about an hour of my life :o

no - go for it,hell i brought the kit,how mad was i when i found out i didn't need to :P

ATB

Colin :D

hmmmmm i new you would fall to the dark side :o

drop a rimfire bullet through the 243 hole in the comparator, and measure the rim thickness of that round.

separate them down to 1/2 thou piles. and i will guarantee you will say thanks :lol::lol: for wasting about an hour of my life :o

no - go for it,hell i brought the kit,how mad was i when i found out i didn't need to :angry:

ATB

Colin :D

Cheers for that Colin, ill try it when i get home. Will try the string trick as well. Dont really fancy a sub in the wattsie ma jiggers :unsure:

I found a pic in my emails of the latest round i worked up. I wanted a fast round for Fox but wasnt really fussed too much on accuracy. How shocked was i when i tested them. Remember this is a barrell that has had 4000+ rounds up it.

IMG_3937.jpg

Col,s right, the cz stock wont bed, its made from a type of nylon.Which is a shame, because its one of the best, and most dense "plastic" stocks on the market.

I'm surprised there is an issue with the plastic stocks. A friend bought a 452 "All Weather" and it is a tack driver out of the box. By comparison, the Walnut stock inletting always seems to be lacking. If you're getting and inch at 50 perhaps you need to try a wider range of ammo V/S rim gaging. ~Andrew

The Brooks kits are on backorder at SYSS, I want one too :unsure:

Col,s right, the cz stock wont bed, its made from a type of nylon.Which is a shame, because its one of the best, and most dense "plastic" stocks on the market.

Baldie, i'd give it a go bedding. Nylon wouldn't be too bad compared to PE or PP.

Did a SIG in 270 with a plastic stock and it turned out perfect, bedding even stayed in place

after removing stock after his africa trip. Even if it comes undone after a while no harm done.

Will only come undone when removing the stock anyway.

edi

Baldie, didnt know that, better keep mine then :) , it has rather nice wood too and it shoots spot on.

Incidentally I did a load of tests a while ago and it prefers eley subs and Tenex to anything else, whereas the Ruger 10-22T is ok with some of the others too, including Winchester subs which seem to have gone ok again after being crap and barely making it out the end of the barrel!.

I used to be a tight arse and buy the Magtech subs ( made in Brasil) but they were the other way, a good proportion were too fast and went way over the target :o

Redfox

Archived