long range rabbits !

smokin

was just thinking what's the furthest anyone knows of a rabbit being taken in this fair isle ? . what set it off was two personal bests the other night one straight after the other , first up was my longest kill with the 22-250 a rabbit at 696 yards with a 53gr vmax @3900fps almost 10 moa dialled in and a first round hit ! the second was a friend with his 22-284 shooting 80 gr vld at @3680fps 775 yards ! second round hit , first round fell two left aright added 1/4min left wind and bingo ! . That 22-284 is something to behold , plans are already a foot for a second build using a more suitable twist to shoot the 90 gr vld , should be a good hammer .

Damn fine shooting with the .22/250 it a long way to sent such a small bullet accurately the wind must of been good for you! Sir-slots-alot and si-snipe have some cracking longrange kills on YouTube out to 900yards I think. My PB with the .22/250 and a 55grn v-max is the 620 mark. Keep up the good work.

A very emotive subject to be honest and probably one best left alone. For the sake of forum morale.

We have been down this road some years ago and to be very honest as Mark says its best left alone, no offence to Smoking for starting the subject but it didnt go well then and I fear it wouldnt change now :(

thanks guys didn't want to start a strop by any means so I apologise , there was no wind at all hardly last evening and can you explain to me about the conditions comment please !

the 53 gr arrives at that distance with about 360 ft lbs the 22-284 with those 80's around twice that so no issues with despatching said quarry.

thanks guys didn't want to start a strop by any means so I apologise , there was no wind at all hardly last evening and can you explain to me about the conditions comment please !

the 53 gr arrives at that distance with about 360 ft lbs the 22-284 with those 80's around twice that so no issues with despatching said quarry.

no probs at all mate we all shoot long range rabbits at times and sometimes smaller targets but for forum harmony we try and stay off the the "long range live shots" debate if you see where i am coming from.

yeah see where your coming from spud , didn't want to offend anyone so I'll not mention it again , as for the wind I know what you mean it was just outside Chesterfield towards Matlock .just ordered a hardox gong off of the site so will try that at a 1k

apologies again

• 2 weeks later...

good shooting that pal,i am new to this forum so ave to watch what i say. we ave all done a serious long range shot, but from my experience its doing it again and again that counts. i was once doing melons at 500 yards with my 6ppc but not shot after shot.did enjoy it thow,

Shooting clay pigeons at 500 yards is good fun and challanging, when conditions are good its boring B) Need the wind to blow a bit to make it challanging!

steve.

Shooting clay pigeons at 500 yards is good fun and challanging, when conditions are good its boring B) Need the wind to blow a bit to make it challanging!

steve.

now that sounds like a challenge , i use to shoot golf balls at 400 NOT ALWAYS hitting them but now and again

now that sounds like a challenge , i use to shoot golf balls at 400 NOT ALWAYS hitting them but now and again

Those exploding firebirds should be fun at long range, :)

Archived