On Line Tax Return!

andybrock

Boring I know :wacko:

I normally get an accountant to sort my tax out but to save myself a few hundred quid this year I thought I would attempt to do it on line myself, do any of you self employed on here use the HMRC on line service for your tax returns, if so is it a fairly straight forward process?

Thanks

Andy

i do and have done for a few years now

Is it a pretty straight forward job Spud? I've got all my figures on a spread sheet so is it just a case of transferring the figures over?

Cheers

ive never had to do a really involved one till this year as i was only a landlord but yes i think it is

I did my own on line for a couple of years was fairly straight forward.

Got an accountant for the last two years and she saved me a fair amount

Ths year I will be doing my own again, but II have kept last years papers for the finer points.

Mike

Andy, I'm sure it probably is simples.

But, my view/story.

As always I left mine until the last month one year many moons ago, when I went from self employed to employed, went and saw my accountant, she realised she would lose a customer and told me she couldn't help me......

Thought I'd do it myself, must have made some fundamental F.U. and was subsequently investigated by HMRC, taped interviews etc, etc. Scary. They investigated my previous five years, and then then gave me a bill for their services. :lol:

The accountants fees are tax deductable, so I'd recommend using them.

Steve

I do my self asessment online. I'm employed but have a second income. Its straight forward to do.

I had a chat with an accountant this year as I was sure I was missing a trick but he said that other than claiming a tiny bit for home office I pretty much had it covered

I use a simple excel spredsheet to collect all the info then just add in the extra bits that the taxman wants. No dramas

Mark

Boring I know :wacko:

I normally get an accountant to sort my tax out but to save myself a few hundred quid this year I thought I would attempt to do it on line myself, do any of you self employed on here use the HMRC on line service for your tax returns, if so is it a fairly straight forward process?

Thanks

Andy

Hi

Its Ok if you know what your doing as its a bit long winded if you ask me, easier to do it on paper till you get used to it.

I use a package called DIY accounting its only about £15.00 and you get a spreadsheet package that does it all for you, VAT profit & loss, fixed assets and then produces a tax return for you, even tells you how much tax and NI you need to pay.

Give it a go its easy.

Archived