Air rifles....dinnae laugh

sauer

havent used one in ages ut enjoyed t sooo much

thinking bout summit cheap n cheerful...want a pcp multishot but must have ambdextrous stock as fire off left side.....

the hatan at-44 10 seems to get ok reviews and does what it says on tin without costing biiiigggg money

what have you guys got ? how often do you use em?

anybody got any for sale? :blush:

paul

I've a BSA scorpion T10 & wouldn't be with out it. Great for round the farm buildings in winter & pinging tree rats out of the branches out to 50 yards or so. Plus one of my rabbit permissions is mostly small horsey paddocks - the hmr is just too loud round there.

No experience of the Hatsans but some air rifles can run into big bucks - just depends on how deep the pockets are mate.

Paul, I've just secured new shooting at a garden centre (Extra points for pensioners !!!!!) and re-discovered the joy - and effectiveness of my Weihrauch HW100 in .177.

As for what you buy, it's a nightmare of choice as everyone has an opinion. Calibre vs PCP vs springer vs gas ram. I was going to sell the HW until I found its liking for Rangemaster pellets and their impact, but all up the kit is over £1200 with mod, scope and bipod.

Air Arms 200 ???? VV accurate I believe. Radid second hand. Look at the comics and try and get a bundle deal then haggle . . . .

All the best

David

If you are after cheap then consider a second hand Fac airgun. They don't get good money used for no other reason than limited market.

If you are after bunnies with 12 foot pounder the .177 has a much flatter trjectory, you'll kill more despite the tiny pellet.

I use a 27ftlb FX to great effect.

Rup

I used to have an Air Arms TD410, lovely to shoot and it fitted in an over size brief case when dismantled. The only problem was it didn't always return to 12ftlb when assembled so sold it. I now have a Logun gladi8tor on FAC at 40 ftlb, I wouldn't be without it. It has 3 power settings and is accurate enough for me to head shoot bunnys at 70 yards.

hi guys

thanks for advice

decided i really didnt want extra hassle with fac air rifle etc.

did bit more reading and got some reviews form reall owners and all positive so decided to go for the hatsan at44-10 really couldnt justify some of the money being asked for other models....that and local gunshop offered a belter of a deal on a new un .....so ill see how go when arrives in day or so

cheers

paul

havent used one in ages ut enjoyed t sooo much

thinking bout summit cheap n cheerful...want a pcp multishot but must have ambdextrous stock as fire off left side.....

the hatan at-44 10 seems to get ok reviews and does what it says on tin without costing biiiigggg money

what have you guys got ? how often do you use em?

anybody got any for sale? :blush:

paul

I use air rifles daily.

Since the start of this year I have accounted for several hundred rats & a good number of rabbits.

Great fun plinking in the garden even the missus will join in the fun.

BSA R10 MK1

DSC02238.jpg

Daystate MK4

DSC02240.jpg

cracking looking air rifles there !!! serious bits o kit

i ended up with a 10 shot Hatsan AT44

and for what i paid for it new you couldnt get some of the better marques second hand!!!!

its a cracking bit of kit and im well impressed with it for the cash

paul

• 4 weeks later...

Gave away my well loved Original 45 when I had not used it for maybe 10 years, there is still an Airsporter in the cabinet but it has not been used in anger for years. These days even my rimfire only gets occasional use.

A

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Air Arms Pro-Sport. I think it's the best looking air rifle ever made :wub: . It just looks how rifles should. Pretty accurate too :rolleyes: .

I use mine nearly every day in the garden. It only ever really get used for practising these days though.

Archived