Any one using Swarovski 10x42 EL Rangefinder bino's ?

As title says anyone using the swarovski RF binos as im thinking of trading my leica 10x42 and swaro 8x30 rangefinders...are they as good as normal pair of swaro binos ? your thoughts please.

Mick

I have a pair of 8x42, there are just as good as a set of regular ELs when used as bins.

I would make sure you try a pair first though as some people can't get on with the reticle being in one side and the range dislpay in the other, I found them quite hard to use at first after my Geovids, still have the odd moment when I find the range hard to read but by and large I am very happy with them.

I heard there were a few quality issues also with ranging buttons falling off and that they were best left until these issues had been sorted out.

Had Leica,Zeiss and now the Swaros and they're the best of the lot in my opinion.

I had a pair of 10x42 EL's and swapped them for the Leica rangefinders when they came out.In hindsight I should have kept them as they were the best I ever used.Swapped the Leica for Zeiss which immediately failed and eventually repaired (after a long wait which is another story ^_^ )

I've got a keeper mate who's got the Zeiss but he's in for swapping to Swaro after borrowing mine

Never had any issues with the quality

Had Leica,Zeiss and now the Swaros and they're the best of the lot in my opinion.

I had a pair of 10x42 EL's and swapped them for the Leica rangefinders when they came out.In hindsight I should have kept them as they were the best I ever used.Swapped the Leica for Zeiss which immediately failed and eventually repaired (after a long wait which is another story ^_^ )

I've got a keeper mate who's got the Zeiss but he's in for swapping to Swaro after borrowing mine

It was from a dealer who had a fair amount of returns, I have no personal experience and may be wrong, glad that you like yours.

Cheers Guys..WSM from the 3 you have had, your saying the leica were better than Swaro ?

Cheers Guys..WSM from the 3 you have had, your saying the leica were better than Swaro ?

No Mick the new EL Rangefinders are the best of the three (in my opinion of course).The Leica were the first to integrate bins and rangefinder and the only drawback was you either had to have a metres or yards version.Why they didn't integrate a switch to have both is beyond me :unsure:

Of the Zeiss and Swaro in my opinion the Swaro have the edge in low light and they're the more compact and handleable of the two

Plus the fact that if something did go wrong Swarovski have a back up service second to none :)

No Mick the new EL Rangefinders are the best of the three (in my opinion of course).The Leica were the first to integrate bins and rangefinder and the only drawback was you either had to have a metres or yards version.Why they didn't integrate a switch to have both is beyond me :unsure:

Of the Zeiss and Swaro in my opinion the Swaro have the edge in low light and they're the more compact and handleable of the two

Plus the fact that if something did go wrong Swarovski have a back up service second to none :)

Cheers mate will try get a look at a pair when home in june/july before i decide.

Archived