Looking for a .308 rifle

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place for picking up knowledge, I'm learning all the time here.

As per this post in the sales section, I'm selling my F-Class rifle Savage 12 F/TR, .308 http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14623

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Christian

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place for picking up knowledge, I'm learning all the time here.

As per this post in the sales section, I'm selling my F-Class rifle Savage 12 F/TR, .308 http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14623

Let me know if you are interested.

Regards,

Christian

Hi Christian

Thanks for the offer, its longer than im going for i only want one with a 26 inch barrel.

Richard

Kind of hard to go wrong (despite my disdain for Remington's) a Remington 700 with 5R rifling... I know you mentioned you're not really interested in remmys, but that is a bare bones rifle, with a stellar barrel that will get you going...

Hi all im Richard and im new to the forum very good it is too.

Iv been shooting for many years but just starting to look into long range shooting so im looking at getting a .308 rifle for club use iv looked at a couple but am still unsure, Do you have any recomendations for a good long range rifle?

Iv looked at the Tikka T3 varmint, Steyr SSG 08, SAKO TRG-22 GREEN (Phosphated Barrel) also what scope would you recomend?

Thanks

I would look at a S/H AW, AE or a TRG, good quality and they will keep their value if you change your mind in the future on the type of LR shooting you enjoy

:rolleyes:

You wont get a new AW for £3500!!! not here anyway! an AE with a half decent scope will come in your budget.

Dont dismiss single shot rifles though,for straight forward target shooting out to a 1000m a model 12 Savage with a nice scope will do the business!

And for 3500 you could have the rifle a top class bit of glass,ie Nightforce,rings and base's ready to rockand roll!

Ive a FTR model and it shoots like a demon,corse if you intend some kind of tactical shoots you'l deffo need a mag fed rifle.

Dont rush into anything,

ATB Pete

Ditto on a second hand AE or TRG, you should be able to get a new AE for less than 3000. I'm on my 2ND AE and they have never let me down.

Dan.

AI all day long, the one on the Fullbore forum belonging to Davy's son is a bargain and will leave enough in your budget for a nice bit of glass, I think there is still a 3-12 PM11 for sale on here. jobs a gudun

Archived