Barrel length

Hello all am considering cutting 4'' off my barrel just wondered how do think it will affect performance?? 243 ackley 1-8 twist it is a pacnor 26'' at present!! Don't shoot much over 300 yard. Would like it around 22'' just havnt got the guts to get this done as rifle is very accurate at present just find it a tad long any feedback would be much appreciated rob

Hello all am considering cutting 4'' off my barrel just wondered how do think it will affect performance?? 243 ackley 1-8 twist it is a pacnor 26'' at present!! Don't shoot much over 300 yard. Would like it around 22'' just havnt got the guts to get this done as rifle is very accurate at present just find it a tad long any feedback would be much appreciated rob

had a 1:8 Border at 22 inches still managed 3200 with 95 grains and about the 3000 mark with 105s and it shot sub 1/4 when I was doing my bit right

Dave

For fox I use 65g vmax and fir stalking have been using sierra prohunters 100g want to try and use 105 amax but still playing with loads for this 14.5'' that does seem short I just wish to make it a bit more managable

Remington 243 with 17 inch barrel seem to be ok. It likes Barnes bullets, and ballistic tips. I suppose there maybe an issue with minimum energy for deer but that's another argument!

Archived