Help Please

tulkyuk

I think Baldie is right, something dicky with your mod

or mod fitting. Thread could also be on croocked.

Had similar problems on my home made mods if

i tried a very small for cal hole in mod.

When I increased to about 6.8 for 22 cal the problem was gone.

edi

I think it could be coming on song now boys - but still might just get the screw cut checked over.

i've just been out to a golf course we shoot on and stopped this vixen in her tracks at 136 yrds.

DSC00163.jpg

Then shot this rabbit at 175yrds - both shots hit virtually where i aimed

DSC00164.jpg

People, dont be so quick to blame the screw cut job a guns had. I,ve had two t4,s in the last 2 months, that were way off internally, and when screwed on the gun, touched on one side of the rear bush thread, they were that out. It wasn,t a problem , they were returned, and immediatly rectified, but mass produced items sometimes go awry. The mod i find most temperamental to rear bush pressure, or lack of it, is the t4/t8. Some will just not shoot with the rear bush in, whether its tight, just touching, or has plenty of clearance.

People, dont be so quick to blame the screw cut job a guns had. I,ve had two t4,s in the last 2 months, that were way off internally, and when screwed on the gun, touched on one side of the rear bush thread, they were that out. It wasn,t a problem , they were returned, and immediatly rectified, but mass produced items sometimes go awry. The mod i find most temperamental to rear bush pressure, or lack of it, is the t4/t8. Some will just not shoot with the rear bush in, whether its tight, just touching, or has plenty of clearance.

I think thats the problem then baldie - i took a look at the bush and it is touching on 1 side and when its screwed on without the bush it is way off.

i'll send it back to jacksons and see what they say.

Tulky

Are you shooting with a bipod on?

A friend of mine (Ok his was a .308) had it screw cut for a MoD. Before this he would group sub MOA at 100yds afterwards he couldn't hit a cows arse with a handful o' pea's with it. We did everything, new mounts, new scope, new rings, MoD on / MoD off had the MoD checked, Had the thread checked, had stock off, Stock on torqued it all up went through boxes and £'s of ammo testing and it took six weeks to figure out and we nearly dissappeared up our own arses trying to figure out what it was ;)

You know what it was :lol: the bipod was located to far forward on the front of the stock, we moved it back and whey hey back to sub MOA with the can on.

Worth a try.

Merry Christmas hope you get it sorted.

OA

Hi Tulky,

If you are still having problems you know where me and evans are, dont forget to keep in touch. Grayham said you were having problems, as i said to him just get some dies and i will be happy to do some reloads for the pair of you to try.

Jay.

just picked up on this tread.

I had a tikka 25-06 that would not shoot worth a s*** wioth a mod & bipod fitted.

After a lot of ammo I took the rear bush off (T8) and th group tightened, then I found if i mounted the bipod bac to front it shot like a dream.

So the rear bush was bored out so it didnt touch the barrel and I took more wood out of the forend channel and it was all fixed.

Hi Tulky,

If you are still having problems you know where me and evans are, dont forget to keep in touch. Grayham said you were having problems, as i said to him just get some dies and i will be happy to do some reloads for the pair of you to try.

Jay.

Cheers Jay,

I'll call round one day this week and we'll take a look at my rifle and see what you and Darrel think

Tulky

Well boys i finally got this damn gun sorted, turns out that it was the screwcut after all :angry: ( apparently it was running slightly off!!) - well its been recut and have tried some Sako 50grn B/T's through it and its now shooting 1/2" groups ok.

Thanks for all the help boys.

P.S. - Jay can you PM me your phone number please, so i can give you a ring to arrange a visit down.

Paul

Archived