Sound mod question

Hello I have just bought a AR15 rifle combo "Being held by RFD " .as part of the sale it came with a T8 sound mod .I will be using the gun for practical / csr shooting what do I need to ask for on my variation ? to protect hearing of others / reduce recoil .Any advice very welcome

Cheers Mick

Hello I have just bought a AR15 rifle combo "Being held by RFD " .as part of the sale it came with a T8 sound mod .I will be using the gun for practical / csr shooting what do I need to ask for on my variation ? to protect hearing of others / reduce recoil .Any advice very welcome

Cheers Mick

Hi Mick

I usually put " in order to achieve compliance with my duty of care to myself and those around me"

regards

Colin

• 4 weeks later...

1. Reduction of muzzle filp/recoil when shooting timed rapid fire/timed comps. Allowing for eaier target re-aquisition.

2. Being a concerned envirinmentalist, you ate concerned about h evels of sound polutikn caused by your chosen sport.

3. Under health and safety regs you are concerned about your personal accountability towards others.

Those are the reaons I cited to my Force when I was granted mine.

Mike

Hi,

Some of our (OSM) club members have moderators on .22's that are conditioned for target shooting only, no problems with Surrey Firearms Licensing,

Alan

I've never put a reason for owning a sound moderator and was never refused one either...Seems that the police are keen to keep the shooting noise down anyway, so it should be pretty straightforward...

Finman

called south yorkshire FLO today and my ticket is on it,s way back no problem with the mod

Cheers Mick

Archived