Switch barrel condition

oaken

I recently submitted a request to my firearms dpt for a switch barrel 308/260 arrangement.

My ticket has come back with extra slots for a 308 rifle and a 260 "spare barrel".

So ........ Do I have to tell them every time I switch? 

I suppose eventually they will get bored with changing it and come up with an appropriate clause under the additional conditions section. 

Does anyone else switch barrels regularly and if so what have you got on your ticket to cover it?

Rup

I recently submitted a request to my firearms dpt for a switch barrel 308/260 arrangement.

My ticket has come back with extra slots for a 308 rifle and a 260 "spare barrel".

I suppose eventually they will get bored with changing it and come up with an appropriate clause under the additional conditions section. 

Does anyone else switch barrels regularly and if so what have you got on your ticket to cover it?

Rup

I have the same and was told to do nothing

Rup

I have a Blaser 223 on my ticket and a spare 6mmBR barrel .I swap it over when the mood takes me as it is conditioned for the same as my Blaser 223 rifle??

If thats how they want you to work it I would ask for it in writing. As I understand it you should have .308 bolt action rifle and .260 bolt action rifle on your ticket but with the same serial number.

Unless of course it also says that you can use the spare barrel for range use on your conditions. :rolleyes:

The action is the serial numbered and certificated part. It will go down on the ticket as a .308 rifle. The 260 barrel will be entered as "spare barrel, no visible number" and can used on the .308 action subject to any conditions placed upon the calibre etc.

I have several barrels the same for AR15,s etc, and just change and use them.

They are all technically firearms in the eyes of the law.

• 10 months later...

I recently asked for similar with .243/30.06 on a Mauser MO3. Also to remove .308 and replace with 6.5 x 55. What I had back was a .243, a 30.06, a 6.5 x 55 and they left on the .308. Oh happy days.

I recently asked for similar with .243/30.06 on a Mauser MO3. Also to remove .308 and replace with 6.5 x 55. What I had back was a .243, a 30.06, a 6.5 x 55 and they left on the .308. Oh happy days.

They gae me a semi auto .243 once, funnily enough they were not so keen to let me acquire one of those.

Archived