Desert tactical arms

mo3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Expect circa 6 to 7 k (including scope and mounts)

Triggers are now sorted on the DTA

Comes in a nice white box too though ;)

Any body using one and how do you rate it thanks chris

Liking mine, but this mornings Doe wasn't so keen!

Make sure you try before you buy, I can see them not being everyone's cup of tea!

And that box is handy for intal zeroing, even comes with a big mildot reticle printed on it!

Liking mine, but this mornings Doe wasn't so keen!

Make sure you try before you buy, I can see them not being everyone's cup of tea!

And that box is handy for intal zeroing, even comes with a big mildot reticle printed on it!

They do look like a really nice compact tool but how are they as a hunting rifle?

Weight wise and using I multiple shooting positions?

Way out of my budget but maybe one day.

Love mine although I am a sinner and use a March on top. The rifle really is top drawer.....for me on a par quality wise with my AI AW; however the DTA is much easier to use for sitting / standing / kneeling shots than the AI as it is more compact and much better balanced.

Customer service and back-up has been second to none from Ewen (Desert Tec Europe).

In short....top notch product and top notch service.

they are heavy , no heavier than equivalent stuff AI etc but a heavy little lump !

they shoot really well , really well !

I'd consider one but think they are a little (lot) over priced and I really wouldn't want to carry one on the hill !

the back up and customer service is superb from what I've heard and ewan is a nice gent.

I was wanting to buy one, but I defo wanted to try before parting with the cash. After numerous contacts with them and trying to arrange a test it never happened, so after 3 or 4 months of asking I gave up. Went for styer ssg 08 in the end.

If they sorted the bloody magazines out it would be a serious contender for the AI AX / AW/ AE

But the mags are still horrible.

The mags are the only part of the system I hate. They seem really cheap and poorly thought out. They also neglect the medium sized cartridges as well. The internal length ain't as generous as your think either however I am considering chopping one up to extend the internal length so I can seat my 208 Amax load to the lands.

That's my only gripe with the whole system though love the rest of it! Nick from dta has been saying for years now that a 10 round mag is on the way but it still don't look like its on its way :(

The mags seem fine to me, but I dont have a 10 round requirement e.g. Mc Queens, so I can see how that would be annoying.

The design seems fine as based on a 338 platform.......I would sooner single stack and a smaller hole in the receiver for the mag than meat cut out of the receiver for a fat mag. Maybe someone can come up with something like a HK P7M13 design to get the best of both worlds.

Mag length and lands, again annoying from a reloaders perspective (and I like 208 A Max in a 16" tube also) but think it is a saefty thing from a manufacturers point of view.......guess DTA would get well slated if you could jam and leave bullet heads in the lands.........worth trying a 338 mag with the lips folded over for 308 maybe.

Most annoying thing about the mags.....the price, if they were 55 quid each like AWs it would make them look much nicer to me :)

Why would dta be slated if a careless hand loader jammed a bullet in the lands? Like I say it's the only thing about the whole system I dislike. And yes if the mags were £50 I'd probably not moan about them at all!

I'm told that the 338 mate won't work with the lips bent mate the lips are shorter I think. What you have to do is use a 308 mag take the spacer out and use the follower of the 300/338 cut down a bit with a custom spacer in the back. From reading the monster thread on the old snipers hide that's the way to get rounds to feed.

Sounds like the way is to mod the 308 mag then. It's something I'm seriously thinking about. I have 3 mags so could mod one just for my 208 Amax load. It's just finding someone who can do the deed as I doubt I could do the work

Hi Danny,

For this experiment I would give you a .338 mag to see if it worked. (benefit of being the guinea pig :) ) Also I am sure Dave would be able to do anything you need as well, he seems a great guy and very talented.

Ewen

just pm me your address again and I will get one in the post if you want to do this.

Archived