Took the 4T out for a play on Saturday; drove me mad trying to get a decent group; tried various permutations of rested and then finally found it seemed to do best slung as per the pic and unrested.

P1010137673x900.jpg

Then dug out the remnants of an HPS ammo box loaded with SMKs (and sold in such shocking condition that I swore I'd never buy HPS again - it looks like ammo that's been at the bottom of the sea for a decade and then dredged).

P1010138850x636.jpg

...and it put 5 rounds into the group shown at 100yds.

P1010133700x564.jpg

How did we win a war with these things without SMKs!?

That's the reason I got rid of mine.

I'm finding it hugely challenging in a love/hate sort of way - even when I'm struggling with it I'm still enjoying using it.

It's so completely unlike an 'easy' modern rifle, that I'm finding it quite refreshing - in a weird way! :rolleyes::lol:

I think 5rds into c1.25inches from a sling is pretty good - took some cussing to do it though!

What's it like for repeatable first round/CBS ? (what a sniper system needs)

My No 4 always shot best with the same sling set up you have on yours but my P14 will shoot the same off bags or with a sling?

As for ammo , try contacting Kynamco , they were doing 'match' 303 that shot superbly in most rifles even their standard mk7 ball load was pretty good!

Archived