Hello from ex British Army

longshot

Hello, A new member just saying hello, I am ex British Army infantry, and have been shooting all my life, currently getting more interested in long range style varminting and deer stalking. Hopefully my knowledge will help in any way i can, my first question is, Im trying to get vermin shooting on MOD land has any 1 had any experience.

Cheers

Hello, A new member just saying hello, I am ex British Army infantry, and have been shooting all my life, currently getting more interested in long range style varminting and deer stalking. Hopefully my knowledge will help in any way i can, my first question is, Im trying to get vermin shooting on MOD land has any 1 had any experience.

Cheers

Hello Mate , in answer to your shooting on MOD ground. very unlikely to get it , I have done some work on MOD sites . Through work (pest control on a contract basis)you will need at least 10 million public insurance on these type of sites and they are very windy about some one dropping a clanger, look at your local farms and shooting estates .

Good luck and keep trying you will get some land in the end.

Cheers

If you're neither serving nor a civil servant; you'll have about nil chance. Other than getting an actual vermin control contract with Defence Estates (ie do it as a paid job); your only possible route in would be to join a garrison shoot (or similar) and buy a pottering license - but you'll almost certainly be restricted to shotgun use only.

Hello Mate , in answer to your shooting on MOD ground. very unlikely to get it , I have done some work on MOD sites . Through work (pest control on a contract basis)you will need at least 10 million public insurance on these type of sites and they are very windy about some one dropping a clanger, look at your local farms and shooting estates .

Good luck and keep trying you will get some land in the end.

HI cheers mate, i do have full basc mebership so ok witht the insurance, infact just tonight i have found a contact that im good friends with so fingers crossed, cheers

HI cheers mate, i do have full basc mebership so ok witht the insurance, infact just tonight i have found a contact that im good friends with so fingers crossed, cheers

You have two hopes.

But let us know how you get on!

Welcome to the site Longshot , hope you find a permisson soon , so you can enjoy your shooting. Just out of interest what was your role in the army. ? hope you dont mind me asking i am just being nosey, i like to get a mental picture of the people on the forum who we talk to on a daily basis.

Welcome to the site Longshot , hope you find a permisson soon , so you can enjoy your shooting. Just out of interest what was your role in the army. ? hope you dont mind me asking i am just being nosey, i like to get a mental picture of the people on the forum who we talk to on a daily basis.

Hello , i was a infantry soldier

cheers

No i got out before then, i always think its a shame that they done that......

When did you leave? What trade were you? I worked extensively with KOSB when they were part of 19 Bde; there's a chance our paths may have crossed.

When did you leave? What trade were you? I worked extensively with KOSB when they were part of 19 Bde; there's a chance our paths may have crossed.

I got out in 98 mate was in NI twice 2 6 months tours , Belfast and South Armagh. As in trade the kosb is was infantry battalion... i was A coy, 2plt.

what corp/regiment was the rest of you lads in ?

i was in the ngo during my service

The name for a male chicken. Rhymes with 'bock'. :rolleyes:

i call my cockeral "rock" is that what you mean?

Archived