Which 223

Hi all looking for ideas for a 223 rifle for my wife, it will be used for foxing and some target. We had her pick up as many rifles at Newark as we could get at and came to the conclusion she liked the howa with the hogue overmolded stock/ browning x bolt/ sako finnlight because of the grip. she also liked the tika t3 lite but not the lack of extra grip provided on the others. I know the tika & sako shoot great out of the box but have read various comments about the other two (barrel quality IE crown, bore etc) are these true reflections of there quality?

The other option is to go custom if she going for the sako a custom would not be much more of a stretch or get the tika t3 and change the stock?

your help is much appreciated

thanks Boo.

Hi all looking for ideas for a 223 rifle for my wife, it will be used for foxing and some target. We had her pick up as many rifles at Newark as we could get at and came to the conclusion she liked the howa with the hogue overmolded stock/ browning x bolt/ sako finnlight because of the grip. she also liked the tika t3 lite but not the lack of extra grip provided on the others. I know the tika & sako shoot great out of the box but have read various comments about the other two (barrel quality IE crown, bore etc) are these true reflections of there quality?

The other option is to go custom if she going for the sako a custom would not be much more of a stretch or get the tika t3 and change the stock?

your help is much appreciated

thanks Boo.

If you can afford a custom why would you go for a factory rifle?

That way you can have a gun exactly matched to your requirements / dreams etc....likely cost between £3k and £4k though.

If you can afford a custom why would you go for a factory rifle?

That way you can have a gun exactly matched to your requirements / dreams etc....likely cost between £3k and £4k though.

If the accuracy & quality of the howa or browning are good i have money to spend on other things :)

I picked my CZ 550 up second hand fired less than 60 rounds....300 smackers! And it shoots 1/4" at hundred with same loads as my father in laws Ruger. Had no work done to it apart from screw cut by Ronin. Sometimes ya can just get a little luck.

In Newark I saw Brock & Norris does tuned Howas, might be a compromise.

I have a T3 with 1/8 and had a bit of work to get it shooting well even with a good stock. Maybe the 1/12 twist is not as finicky.

Shoots very well now after barrel shortening, re-crown and 69gr ammo.

edi

In Newark I saw Brock & Norris does tuned Howas, might be a compromise.

I have a T3 with 1/8 and had a bit of work to get it shooting well even with a good stock. Maybe the 1/12 twist is not as finicky.

Shoots very well now after barrel shortening, re-crown and 69gr ammo.

edi

what was the length before you had it shortend, and why do you think that i was not shooting good straight out the box, have you tryed the 55grs in it?

the reason i ask, i am lean ing towards getting one of these in .223 and was also thinking of the 1:8 twist...

tony

My first C/F rifle was a T3 1-8". I never reloaded for it only using cheap American Eagle Ammo. I was managing to hit rabbits at 300 yards plus with ease.

The T3 Action is solid and smooth. I am planning my next build on one.

what grain was you using, my mate shoots 55s ppu out of his and they group just fine, butthat is a 1:12 twist not the 1:8 that i am thinking of..

tony

Archived