Help whats it worth?

Tubs

Now ive just got my variation back and i have to get rid of my old rifle but how do i sell a rifle which has a corroded chamber and needs barrel work. Its a remington 700 sps in 223 with a timney trigger and standard sps stock or do i have to just give it in when getting my new rifle and get no money for it. I was offered £150 for it but only if i bought another 2nd hand rifle from a shop up country . But i want to get a new rifle and a bit more local to me, Any helpful ideas anyone please.

Action is worth 250 regardless of barrel condition.

They are stitching you up Tubs. If the exterior finish on the action is ok, then the whole lot is worth £250 , just as a donor action.

guys it may be worth £250 but the dealer has to make a mark up on it,Iam sure he has over heads,£100 isnt a lot when sold he will pay tax and VAT on the profit

persoanlly I would advertise it on here for the whaat you guys has valued it at £250

Pete

the 700 action is worth 250, its a fair price to pay for essentially the only part of the rifle that is worth using (unless the stock is laminate or an after market model or HSP.

In that scenario the price would of course be more.

Alot of dealers offer little money for used rifles - especially ones with shot out barrels because they just scrap them - in the case of BRNO, CZ, etc etc I can understand that, because alot are not worth bothering with, however, in the case of better quality actions - Rem, Tikka, Sako, Winchester, et al......the case is different.

Ones with more business accumen will pay a reasonable price then have them re-barrelled.

There is one well known company that charges 900 for a trued Rem 700 action.

Still lots of margin for profit if you are money orientated if one purchases an action at 250 I think....

Pete

the 700 action is worth 250, its a fair price to pay for essentially the only part of the rifle that is worth using (unless the stock is laminate or an after market model or HSP.

In that scenario the price would of course be more.

Alot of dealers offer little money for used rifles - especially ones with shot out barrels because they just scrap them - in the case of BRNO, CZ, etc etc I can understand that, because alot are not worth bothering with, however, in the case of better quality actions - Rem, Tikka, Sako, Winchester, et al......the case is different.

Ones with more business accumen will pay a reasonable price then have them re-barrelled.

There is one well known company that charges 900 for a trued Rem 700 action.

Still lots of margin for profit if you are money orientated if one purchases an action at 250 I think....

yes we all know who charges £900,evebn dick turpin wore a mask.

anyway yes i see what you mean I bet theres quite a few decent actions getting scrapped,iam tempted to buy it myself for a some sort of 20 cal

Its worth £250 to me Pete. If you want to sell it at that Tubs, i,ll give you £250 for it.

I always buy remmys in this condition, i refurbish and blueprint them, then sell them as part of a build.

Thanks once again for the honest good info and answers, i live in liskeard Cornwall,most likely miles away from anyone on this site.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived