tactical shooting

gunnery

is it just me or can anyone else see the logic in being a left-handed shooter using a right-handed bolt or right-handed shooter with left-handed bolt thinking in terms of tactical comps where a double tap is required in lets say 5 seconds or a moving target with several taps in so many seconds is there any advantage with this theory anyone out there using this style already love to know all re-plys welcome.

Tthere are pros and cons to it but as i tend to use my left fist to support the butt of the gun and remain on target, if you reversed that then yes you may gain bolt speed but will you lose point of aim on the target. I duppose a lot depends on how your gun fits, holds and recoils? I dont use either a mod or brake on my 260 so even though recoil is not exactly fierce, it can cause a little point of aim shift and as my right bolt/right handed gun is pretty fast, i would mot personally change.

I often shoot my rimfire left handed at vermin and i can appreciate the extra reload speed there sometimes.

We have a speed plate shoot at Diggle for bolt-action rifles off the bi-pod at 400 yards.

Start loaded and knock down five steel plates when the buzzer goes. The record is just over ten seconds shot with a right bolt, right port 308 but SHOT BY A LEFT-HANDED SHOOTER!

I'm a right-hander but built my last tactical rifle left bolt, left port. With the pistol-grip you can keep it pulled into your shoulder and keep a finger on the trigger. Work the bolt, change mags. etc with the left hand.

Bit like the Practical Rifle guys with their straight-pulls and left-hand cocking-handle.

Cheers

Vince

yes vince thats what i noticed when we shot the tactical double tap shoot at diggle couple a sundays ago it as got to be faster that way

Matt take your point but my 07 is that heavey you can only shoot it prone anyway but most of my shooting is prone wms day what we had where we were shooting differant ways was great day but as much as i enjoyed the day my 07 was bought for the intention of prone shooting i think right hand bolt as got to be a faster way of loading in aspeed comp

Archived