Export prices are scarry :o

Dear David,

Thank you for your interest in Oehler instrumentation! Shipments of the 35P are running about 1 week from order date. Please note our online store is intended for shipments within the continental U.S. as international orders require additional handling, preparation of export documents, special packing materials, etc., and are normally ordered by email, fax, or phone.

Due to the length of the hard side case and mounting rail, the U.S. Postal Service will not accept a parcel of this size (53 x 16 x 5 inches, 22 lb) for international mail (airmail) which would be the most economical shipping method to UK. Two options are available.

1) The export price for the complete 35P system as pictured on our website with the hard side case, 4 foot mounting rail, two folding stands, etc., is $700. Shipping to UK for a package this size using the most economical service level from United Parcel Service (UPS) is $300.00. This would make the delivered price $700 + 300 = $1000.00. It pains us to ask a customer to pay this much shipping. However, some UK customers have chosen the higher UPS shipping to receive the complete 35P system. This is a complete setup ready to go to work with nothing else to buy or acquire.

2) By removing the hard side case, 4 foot mounting rail, and two folding stands, the smaller package (26 x 7 x 6 inches, 10 lb.) can be shipped via international mail (airmail) to the United Kingdom for $95. This package would provide the 35P chronograph with built-in printer, three (3) Skyscreen III's, and would have an export price of $575. The total price with airmail shipping would be $575 + $95 = $670. We would include a 2-foot mounting rail for the three Sky screens and a tripod adapter bracket in your order. The 2-foot rail will provide good accuracy and if you wish to make a longer rail, the 2-foot will provide a sample to go by. The tripod adapter bracket is threaded to fit a standard camera tripod or stand. A standard camera tripod is the only thing you would need to acquire locally.

We accept VISA, MasterCard, and bank wire transfer for international orders. Card details can be faxed to (512) 327-6903 or emailed (you can split your card info between 2 or 3 separate emails if you wish). If you have any questions, please reply. Thank you.

Best regards,

Justin Sullivan

Oehler Research, Inc.

P.O. Box 9135

Austin, Texas 78766

--

They are indeed Dave.

I went with option 2 last week. If i feel the need for a 4 foot beam, it wont be hard to make, and a hard case can easily be knocked up here.

The small chrony,s are just fine for everyday use, but i,ve got a need now for a more accurate instrument. This has come about with F class i think, and the need to know ES,s much more accuratly.

It will be interesting to see how the old chrony compares to this one, especially as this has a validation screen, that basically tells you it cant be anything else but right.

It's ironic- a ~20yr old design and still top of the heap.

I was actually using a 43 yesterday to check the ES of a 65.x47 load- SO nice to use and all data is there for the future.

Why is it that some other company doesn't put some proper effort in and make a modern equivalent of the 35P?

The market is sitting there ready with cash in their paws..

Chris-NZ

What a load of ###### .

Look the 35P is fits in a small cardboard box , when you forget about the tripods/stands & long rail .

You can make the long rail out of a piece of undersize scape pipe etc & measure , done .

The stands . shop for something similar or cheap camera tripod etc .

I would be surprised IF mine weighed more than 6lbs .

So forget the high price , and ask them to ship using the cheapest type of USPS & be done .

If still no go , get a mate in the US to forward on to you etc , work around it .

They are a good set up , and I would not be with out one now , having put up with substandard/crap chronys ( read cheap ) , they are thegold std for a reason .

When the company yrs ago , stopped making this model ,the street price doubled straight away , that would not have happened , IF they where rubbish .

Later Chris

Archived