New AI bipod

ChrisF

just makes me wonder where AI lost the plot on rifle design - picatinny everything just in case you need to mount a tacticool kitchen sink.

David.

Trying to appeal to the US market? which is probably 90% of their business?

that may well be IT , I was hoping for a Low CoG type , ala , Trigger50s or some type of Sako TRG .

RE : the rifle I think is AIs PSR entry , it diffiers from the AX338 in a few ways , one is a quick change barrel by hand , see the bolt inline with the actions recoil lug .

Also a lightier weight right hand folding stock

Yup the PSR entry(quick change bbl and multi-cal). I'm guessing though the rear stock needed to be re-designed to accommodate the very high bore line. Follow the normal AW stock line back, the PSR is a lot higher. It is quite sad really when you compare it to the low bore-line of a DTA, or the much cleaner lines of an AIAW. Rant over.

David

Yup the PSR entry(quick change bbl and multi-cal). I'm guessing though the rear stock needed to be re-designed to accommodate the very high bore line. Follow the normal AW stock line back, the PSR is a lot higher. It is quite sad really when you compare it to the low bore-line of a DTA, or the much cleaner lines of an AIAW. Rant over.

David

I also don't understand the R&D being spent on this sort of thing - bolt action sniper rifles for military use have become a bit 'last year'. Quick calibre changes? An absolute marketing distraction for the military; nobody at all will carry the spare bits and 2 calibre's worth of ammo...it's nonsense.

Police and civvy is a different question; but these things are being aimed at miltary users.

The different stock & quick change barrel & multi calibre , are requirements set down in the contract requirements of the American PSR contract , the stock the Yanks want is a right hand folder for a right hand rifle to make it more pleasant to carry while folded & also lock the bolt handle closed as well .

The cals wanted are 308 , 330WM & 338LM , and its more about buying just 1 system , than anything else , agree no soldier is going to carry 2 barrels in the feild , but he will deploy to a FOB with the complete kit , and decide mission to mission what to use , MAYBE .

Archived