Sniper's Hide Malware Warning

John MH

Just got the message below from my Safari Browser as I tried to visit the Sniper's Hide site.

The website you are visiting appears to contain malware.

Malware is malicious software that may harm your computer or

otherwise operate without your consent. Your computer can be

infected just by browsing to a site with malware, without any

further action on your part.

For detailed information about problems found on this site, or a

portion of this site, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic

page for www.snipershide.com.

Anyone else?

Just got the message below from my Safari Browser as I tried to visit the Sniper's Hide site.

Anyone else?

Yep me to, also with the warning it said "internet page not available" but that could have been my AV software stopping me opening the page.

All seems to be ok now, this from Snipers Hide.

Hi ,

Weekend Virus Warning -- All Clear !

On Friday Morning as I was heading to Las Vegas for the 338LM Bullet Test, a group of hackers installed a malicious iFrame on the site. This happened at approximately 6AM that morning. At 10AM when I arrived in Vegas we found the code and the server company quickly removed it from the site.

During the day, they tried again to install this iFrame and a 5 minute monitor was set up to locate and remove it. However, during this time because of how Google Indexes the site, they reported the site as being infected. This report can only be removed by manually requesting Google to re-index the site. Since I was in Las Vegas for the test and only brought an IPad for access I was unable to contact Google in a timely fashion causing members to receive the virus alert on Saturday. I will stress that during that time the site was in fact cleaned from any and all malicious code. It was Google being cautious and my delay at requesting the index which prevented members from gaining access.

Since then, the team has been completely sweeping the site of anything the hackers may have left behind. And as of Sunday night reported that everything was in fact completely cleaned up.

Does this mean then will not try again, no, in fact hackers try to gain access all the time. Our group does an excellent job at preventing it, but we can't stop all of them.

Once again, the site is clean and we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Sniper's Hide

Archived