Duracoating

Si-Snipe

Baldie is yer man. PM him or contact thru Valkyrie Rifles.

As Mike said, Dave did my NV rifle in "flat as a witches tit" tactical black, which gets hard use 3-4 times a week, and the finish is as good today as it was when it was done, can't comment on the sustained heat though. I'm sure Dave will advise further.

Si,

Duracoat is very effective and hard wearing, but ONLY when its correctly applied. It doesn,t flake, crack or wear off when done so. There are a lot of crappy jobs about.I,ve had them in for redoing correctly over the last couple of years. No one has ever brough one of my jobs back complaining it has worn off, or cracked,chipped etc.

Neither have i ever seen any evidence of heat damaging it on a rifle used in the UK. I cant speak for full auto rated barrels like the yanks use, but they paint a lot of AR15 barrels with it, so it must be OK.

Correct application is this.

1. Completely strip the rifle, including removing the barrel.

2. Degrease all parts.

3. Blast all parts with aluminium oxide, protecting threads and proof marks.

4. Reassemble rifle with muzzle protected and breech face masked off.

5. Degrease and warm in oven.

6. Paint

7. Bake in oven for a few hours to cure the paint.

8. Reassemble bolt etc with correct lubricants.

Incorrect method as used by all the cowboys out there purporting to be duracoat experts.

Hang gun on nail and wipe with thinners.

Paint.

:lol: Its funny....unless you happen to have paid for such a poor job.

Prices.

A barrelled action including either , rail or floorplate, is £150 [ inc bolt ]

Stocks are £100 in perfect condition. Any remedial work is charged at £45 per hour to bring the stock up to a standard worth painting.

The above prices are for a single colour. Cammo finishes are charged at £50 per each extra colour.

Certain actions such as Barnard cannot be painted, because the blasting grit obviously takes all the internal finish off the inside, which then has to be painted. The action tolerances are too tight, and the bolt wont go back in. This is why if you see such actions painted, you know they haven't been done properly, as they simply cant have been blasted. ;)

Certain actions such as Barnard cannot be painted, because the blasting grit obviously takes all the internal finish off the inside, which then has to be painted. The action tolerances are too tight, and the bolt wont go back in. This is why if you see such actions painted, you know they haven't been done properly, as they simply cant have been blasted. ;)

DOH!!!!!

Thanks for the info Dave.

Dave (Baldie) is your man. I can vouch for how hard wearing it is as I gave it a good clout in Dave's workshop that even made his eyes water :blink::blink: Accidentally of course. I can vouch for his work ethic and quality too, you'll be hard pushed to find someone better at it than him.

Si,

Duracoat is very effective and hard wearing, but ONLY when its correctly applied. It doesn,t flake, crack or wear off when done so. There are a lot of crappy jobs about.I,ve had them in for redoing correctly over the last couple of years. No one has ever brough one of my jobs back complaining it has worn off, or cracked,chipped etc.

Neither have i ever seen any evidence of heat damaging it on a rifle used in the UK. I cant speak for full auto rated barrels like the yanks use, but they paint a lot of AR15 barrels with it, so it must be OK.

Correct application is this.

1. Completely strip the rifle, including removing the barrel.

2. Degrease all parts.

3. Blast all parts with aluminium oxide, protecting threads and proof marks.

4. Reassemble rifle with muzzle protected and breech face masked off.

5. Degrease and warm in oven.

6. Paint

7. Bake in oven for a few hours to cure the paint.

8. Reassemble bolt etc with correct lubricants.

Incorrect method as used by all the cowboys out there purporting to be duracoat experts.

Hang gun on nail and wipe with thinners.

Paint.

:lol: Its funny....unless you happen to have paid for such a poor job.

Prices.

A barrelled action including either , rail or floorplate, is £150 [ inc bolt ]

Stocks are £100 in perfect condition. Any remedial work is charged at £45 per hour to bring the stock up to a standard worth painting.

The above prices are for a single colour. Cammo finishes are charged at £50 per each extra colour.

Good job worth the money.

Dave - can the inside of the action not be packed and the blacking left untouched whilst the outside is stripped via blasting?

Si

Archived