photo bucket

gunnery

Hi chaps i wonder if someone can help me with trying to download pictures onto this forum been trying for 20 years there abouts completely and uterly thick with computers i have account and my pictures are on photo bucket but cant seem to get multiple pictures on forum by using a link can someone explain but remember you need to spell it out as though you were teaching a five year old

Linking Basics

Overview: The following tutorial explains how to link files directly from Photobucket to your favorite forums, message boards, emails, instant messenger, and web layouts.

Requirements: You must be a Photobucket account holder. You must also have content uploaded in your Photobucket account.

Steps to Take:

1. Open the Photobucket site at http://www.photobucket.com

Enter your username and password at the top of the page, then click the log in button to log into your Photobucket account.

2. Select albums & upload from the menu at the top of your album.

3. Locate the thumbnail image for the file you want to direct link, and notice the separate linking codes below it.

Note: You may have to move your mouse over the media to display the codes. See How do I control the linking codes that display in my album? for details.

AND

These same codes are available on the full-view page in the Share this image panel.

The functionality of images embedded with the HTML Code, HTML Thumb, and IMG Thumb is affected by whether you have Images Link Back To Album selected or deselected in your account options. See What is the 'Images Link Back To Album' option for details.

Email & IM (Share URL)

Use this to share your content via email or IM. Your media will display on the Photobucket full-view page.

Direct link

Use this for layout pages, MySpace backgrounds, or for general linking to your content via the URL. The direct link may need to be wrapped in additional HTML code or the media may not display on the site that it is linked to.

HTML Code – full size

Use this to embed your content (at its full size) on websites or blogs such as MySpace, Hi5, Blogger, eBay and more! Your media will display on the site that it is linked to.

HTML Thumb - clickable thumbnail

Use this to embed your content as a clickable thumbnail (160 x 120 pixels) on websites or blogs such as MySpace, Hi5, blogger, eBay and more! Your media will display on the site that it is linked to.

IMG Code – full size

Use this to embed your content (at its full size) on bulletin boards and forums. You may have to modify the code to on some forums. Your media will display on the site that it is linked to.

IMG Thumb - clickable thumbnail

Use this to embed your content as a clickable thumbnail (160 x 120 pixels) on bulletin boards and forums. Your media will dsiplay on the site that it is linked to.

Flash Code

Use this to embed tagged images on websites or blogs such as MySpace, Hi5, Blogger and more! Your image and tags will display on the site that they are linked to.

4. Click in the field that contains the code that you want to use. If the Photobucket one-click copy is active, the yellow 'Copied' box displays. If the yellow box does not display, manually copy the code.

5. Navigate to the place where you want your image to display, such as a forum, message board, email, instant message, etc. Paste the code into the appropriate field.

Note: You many need to see the Help or FAQ for a specific message board or forum for guidance on which code you should use.

Uploading Images & Videos

Overview: The following tutorial explains how to upload both images and videos at the same time using the Images & Video Uploader.

Requirements: You must be a Photobucket account holder.

Steps to Take:

1. Open the Photobucket site at http://www.photobucket.com

Enter your username and password at the top of the page, then click the log in button to log into your Photobucket account.

2. Select albums & upload from the menu at the top of your album.

3. Navigate to the album into which you want to upload your images and videos, and make sure the my computer option at the right is selected.

4. Click the more options link to:

* Change your upload size. All subsequent uploads will to adhere to the selected size.

* Scramble file names.

* Add tags and descriptions to files after you upload.

See What are 'Upload Options' for details.

5. Click the Upload images & videos button. You can upload both images and videos at the same time.

6. Browse to the location of your media, and choose the media you want to upload (up to 200 files).

Hold the CTRL or SHIFT key down, and click on image or video files to select multiple files. The CTRL key allows you to select content randomly from the list within a folder on your computer. The SHIFT key allows you to select a contiguous list of files. On a Mac, hold down Shift or the Apple/Command key to select multiple files.

7. Click the Open button with the files highlighted to upload your selected media.

See What file types are supported for a list of acceptable file types.

A progress bar displays, and then a message displays when the files have been successfully uploaded.

thanks spud for your time and patience.

Yup, good stuff Spud.

Barry,

In your photobucket album, you should see a box under the thumbnails (I've pointed to it with the blue arrow I've drawn).

Left click on the text in the box (and the text will go blue).

Once the text is blue, right click and select 'copy'.

photobucketeg.jpg

Then just right click somewhere in your post and select 'paste' & the link text will appear in your post

- it will then show as the pic when you finish the post

I noticed when I uploaded a pic to Photobucket the other day that the layout is some new (and annoying) Mobile version which I hadn't chosen. It was a helluva lot better as it was

Chris-NZ

I noticed when I uploaded a pic to Photobucket the other day that the layout is some new (and annoying) Mobile version which I hadn't chosen. It was a helluva lot better as it was

Chris-NZ

Ahh so it's not just me then, you are right Chris it is a pain now :angry:

Andy

Chris-NZ

Same annoying thing happened to me.

If on the mobile you scroll down to the bottom there is an option to view full site, click this an all will be well again.

Cheers

Dave

Archived