6.5x55

garyw

a little help required with the swede -a pal is buying a BlaserR8 and wants me to show him the ropes to reloading the calibre-iv never touched this calibre so im looking for some place to start for him -he will be using it for deer and foxes,

bullet and powder combos that will work-thanks-gary

a little help required with the swede -a pal is buying a BlaserR8 and wants me to show him the ropes to reloading the calibre-iv never touched this calibre so im looking for some place to start for him -he will be using it for deer and foxes,

bullet and powder combos that will work-thanks-gary

with all due respect Gary, there have been repeated discussions on the matter and there is a wealth of information on the forum, specifically for this calibre. An itsy little bit of effort from you or from your friend (who at the end of the day, if he is buying the rifle and may be interested in handloading for it) and there is stacks of stuff to be found in this forum...

best wishes,

Finman

Finman -thanks as i stated i dont know a great deal about this calibre but i will search on the site just thought a few might chip in because i thought thats what this site was all about but i guessed wrong dont let me keep you.

Gary get some Sierra 120grn Prohunters, lapua brass, remington 9.5 primers and 46grn of Vit N160. Load them to OAL of 3" and your mates Blaser will shoot groups as tight as he can hold them.The remington primers are important as N160 works far better with them than ordinary large rifle primers. If you cant get them magnum primers will do but you'll need to tweek the powder load probably.

Mike

Gary,

My personnal load is 120g BT's over 48.5g N160, Lapua brass and Russian primers (marketed as PMC over here). Shoots well in my rifle (Sako 75 rebarrelled with a Shilen). Around 2850 fps with no apparent stress.

Have tried other powders but came back to the Vit N160.

Brgds Terry

Archived