I sent my Leupold Wind River Cascades back to Leupold to get them serviced. The eyecups were no longer staying in place properly and the hinge was loose. I had the binos for about 6 years and will have had them out on pushing 700 outings. It cost me £20 to post them over there and $25 to get them posted back. To say I am delighted with the customer service would be an under statement; they have replaced the binos with a new set.

Dave

I had a problem with a Mk4 scope which turned out to be a bit of grease on an internal lens. I posted it off to Leupold and recived a replacement after just under 2 weeks later I had a brand new one. Followed a couple of weeks later with a report saying that the fault with the old one was the grease on the lens. I've had nothing but great service from Leupold.

Wish i could say the same,bought a leupold mk4 tactical,after 8 months of use started to lose zero after using windage turrets,sent the scope back to gmk who then sent it to germany to be repaired,3 months later scope arrives back with 2 scratches on the body,will never buy leupold scopes again,and gmk service stinks.Rant over :mad:

Wish i could say the same,bought a leupold mk4 tactical,after 8 months of use started to lose zero after using windage turrets,sent the scope back to gmk who then sent it to germany to be repaired,3 months later scope arrives back with 2 scratches on the body,will never buy leupold scopes again,and gmk service stinks.Rant over :mad:

I sent it direct to the manufacturers in the US.

Dave

Hi,

I had a customer who ordered a VX-3L and then realised he had specified the wrong reticle and 'click' values. He sent it back to Leupold directly and it was returned in about 3 weeks and only charged a nominal amount. Leupold are sometimes let down by their international distributors, best to deal directly with the USA,

Alan

Agreed, best to avoid the often dodgy/sluggish UK distributors and deal direct. It's some years ago now, but I sent a VXIII 6.5-20 scope back to Leupold for target turrets to be installed; the turn around time was very quick (from memory, 2-3 weeks), the service excellent, and the charge absurdly modest. It's a big selling point for Leupold and explains their customer loyalty.

Tony

Once got a straight 12X Leupold very cheap for the US. Later on, put some after-market "tall turret" caps on it from can't remember who- one of the biggie US gun supply sellers. Anyway, the anodizing on one was crook and I ended up galling the turret thread on the scope :((

Without hesitation, the outfit said they'd see me right and for very little, I upgraded to a 6.5-20 EFR VX-III. Final cost about 1/3 of NZ retail. Another good example of fantastic US warranty cover

Chris-NZ

• 3 weeks later...

Gents

Had a problem with the ILL` Ret` on a Leupold and looked at sending it back to the States for repair. The postage and Insurance were prohibative, i cannot remember just how much the Insurance was on £1,000 but it put me off and i was not about to give Royal Mail my scope with no Insurance when i can`t even send my Mum a gift without some Thieving Postie having away with it.

As it happens GMK were fine and sorted it.

For future reference though how did you send your Optics and what were the Insurance costs?

Did U.K. Customs poke its Nose in on its return and try charging you? Have heard anecdotal tales of them holding peoples stuff for `ransom` even though it is a repair.

Thanks.

Nick.

Gents

Had a problem with the ILL` Ret` on a Leupold and looked at sending it back to the States for repair. The postage and Insurance were prohibative, i cannot remember just how much the Insurance was on £1,000 but it put me off and i was not about to give Royal Mail my scope with no Insurance when i can`t even send my Mum a gift without some Thieving Postie having away with it.

As it happens GMK were fine and sorted it.

For future reference though how did you send your Optics and what were the Insurance costs?

Did U.K. Customs poke its Nose in on its return and try charging you? Have heard anecdotal tales of them holding peoples stuff for `ransom` even though it is a repair.

Thanks.

Nick.

Just posted mine at the post office and said I needed £300 insurance on it cost £20 for postage and insurance. Cost $25 to get it back from the states. I think the price on the way out would have been the same with up to £500 insurance.

Dave

• 2 months later...

Well I have a mk4 so I hope u guys are right. I do think that Europeans gmk etc et al learn at some stage about usa service level expectations. Once needed new very small turret grubscrews for a burris scope. One email and some gratis fasteners arrive.

I also needed some msr (usa company) base pads so that the xgk stove could run on diesel. I had spoiled mine running water across to clean it. Received a free batch from Ireland courtesy of the factory.

I do think the UK market needs a wake up call.

Well I have a mk4 so I hope u guys are right. I do think that Europeans gmk etc et al learn at some stage about usa service level expectations. Once needed new very small turret grubscrews for a burris scope. One email and some gratis fasteners arrive.

I also needed some msr (usa company) base pads so that the xgk stove could run on diesel. I had spoiled mine running water across to clean it. Received a free batch from Ireland courtesy of the factory.

I lost a turret on a MK4 and e-mailed them for a replacement. The guy apologised for offering me a free turret and having to charge $25 to send it over here. I was going to visit the States a month later and he agreed to send it to my family members house completely free of charge.

Top company top service

[/quote]

+1 on that !

And another

I fell in love with the new Ruger Scout rifle when I first saw it some months ago. I found out off the Ruger website that they also did them in lefty configuration, so pleased as punch I put an order in via my local dealer..........six months ago.It only ocurred to the importers last week to e-mail Ruger for a definitive date ????

Complacency doesn't even come close. How many of us would end up with a P45 if we were to be :D as pro active @ work???

Rant over and back to the waiting room :blink:

Archived